Ready To Go

Elise's POV:

"Hey! It's nice to see you again!" Spencer chimes in hugging me.

"Hi, kid! It's nice to see you again." Dallon said joining the hug.

"Hey! We're here too!" Pete yelled indicating they arrived.

"Oh my god! Thank you for coming, how was the flight?" I asked them curiously.

"I was all good...except for the fact you gave us heart attacks," Dallon said with fatherly eyes.

I was silent, I didn't know what to say.

"Are you okay?" Spencer asks.

"Yeah, at least I could walk," I said.

"You know that's not what I meant, how are you feeling emotionally?"

I didn't want to answer. I was moving my mouth but words weren't forming. I tried to shrug it off with a fake smile but that didn't work. The thing about emotions is that you can't control them. I started to tear up which of course if you haven't thought of already, you shouldn't do. My head replayed my dad's pep talk over and over again in my thoughts.

"Give me a valid reason on why you should care," I mumbled.

I hated how people immediately gave you "that look" when they see you tear up. I tried to wipe off the tears but they couldn't seem to stop flowing.

"It's because we love you," Zack answered.

"Why do you love me?"

'Because we care." Patrick said.

"Then why do you care? You barely know me...." I look down feeling guilty.

They all gave each other concerning looks. I bet we're so used to me smiling, they should have seen when I was still in the orphanage I was worse.

"Honey, look at us. Whether you like it or not we are still gonna care. Of course, we love you, we love you because we know you are a good person." Pete said.

"I-I just... I don't know, you guys are just so perfect. Too perfect, sometimes I'd ask myself if you guys are just faking it." I said looking down playing with my fingers.

"I don't deserve you," I said in an almost inaudible voice.

"Why would we ever fake it? Look, Elise, we love you with all our heart and it's true. And of course, you deserve us." Dad said while Sarah was holding my hand.

I'm such as softy aren't I? An overdramatic and emotional softy. Fuck, I made everyone in the room cry this is not what I have planned. Let's face it, Elise, you have problems and so does the world, it's time to face it not contain it.

"It's a bit embarrassing that I made everyone cry, sorry about that." I apologized.

"Don't worry about it, but remember we are gonna keep telling you we love you until it gets engraved into your head," Dad said in a fatherly tone.

I gave a slight giggle. I know for a fact that they love it's just that sometimes it's hard to believe.

Time Skip

Sarah and Zack accompanied them to the house for the night. Of course, he stayed with me. We just bonded together and just listened to music. Well, at least this was better than most nights. Father bredbin being the child that he was forcing me to sing with him. I like the fact that he's trying to cheer me up.

Minutes eventually turned into hours, dad eventually gave me back my phone. My phone was bombarded with 'get well soon' tweets which warmed my heart. I could tell that dad was getting tired, his head was already resting on the bed.

"Don't you feel uncomfortable?" Gesturing at his awkward sleeping position.

"Hm? Oh, don't worry about me." He said tiredly.

"Oh.. c'mon." I got off the bed and pulled dad to the couch chair.

"But I wanna sleep beside you." He wimped.

The couch was one of those pull-up bed things. It was good for two, it's funny that he's just standing there not helping me. I grab the pillows and the blanket. I threw myself into the couch bed and giggled.

"C'mon, you said you wanted to sleep beside me so.... this bed is good for two." My hand gestured to him.

He went to me with a smile on his face. He scoots over and kissed my temple repeatedly just like what he does to Penny and Bogart.

"Look at the time let's go to sleep." He said tiredly.

He passed out as soon as he said that, I guess he's that tired. A lot of stuff happened today, I could her dad quietly snoring which was cute. I soon close my eyes and fall asleep.

Time skip to next day

I wake up to dad's already loud snoring. I look at the clock and it's like 5 am, dad's arms are around me. Fuck how do I get out, I'm basically trapped in his arms, I don't want to wake him up.

I successfully got out, now what? I had an idea, decided to take a picture of him sleeping.

"Rise and shine dad 😘" I said on Instagram.

Now that's done, I just turn on the tv. I guess that I'm really good at waking up my own father, after a few minutes of watching tv he woke up.

"Morning darling." He said groggily while ruffling his hair.

"Morning."

"Did you sleep well?" He asked.

"I did... but then you started snoring loudly." I chuckled.

Dad got us breakfast at the hospital cafeteria. The food was meh... as we were eating dad go on his phone. I hid my mischievous smile as he looked through Instagram. He soon gave me a sassy face as he showed me the picture I took.

'Elise Catherine Urie, what is this?" He asked jokingly.

I just laughed awkwardly at his remark. Dad ended up doing the paperwork so that we can leave this place, I ended up helping dad pack his clothes. Dad told me that he packed me some clothes that I could change into so I went ahead and did that.

I went inside the restroom and changed. I looked at myself in the mirror and examined, "Another scar to the addition." I said while looking at the gunshot wound.

Dad told me what happened to Rachel, I feel bad for her. We had no idea she felt that way, I wish I knew sooner I would have helped her. Then, I thought about her father. A thought popped up and I thought of what if I was in her place how would my dad react, more importantly how dad even react when the whole thing occurred. Sarah said, "Ryan and Brendon got drunk for me." What she said confused me. It confused because first I'm pretty sure Ryan doesn't even drink second why would they even do that in a time like that. I'll let the two facts slide, considering I knew Panic! At The Disco almost my whole life be it watching videos and listening to their music I could pretty much confirm they are softies.

After I got into an all-black attire which of course he picked, I get out of the restroom. He was already waiting for me with a big smile on his face, I smiled back.

"Ready to go kid?" He asked with the most amazing smile no human could ever deserve.

"Yeah... I think I'm ready to go." I said cheerfully as grabbed his hand.