• 4 •

Thank you for being patient with me.

"I can't" I shook my head, panting for breath. "One more round" I threw my head against the mattress as my legs fell limp. "No more, please. My legs feel like they're going to fall off" I felt a hand poke my side "Come on, sweetheart. One more round, I promise I'll go easy on you" he chuckled and I groaned, using my hand to wipe off the sweat from my forehead from exerting my body too much.

"One more round and that's it" I breathlessly said "Deal" he held out a hand, I placed my hand in his and he picked me up with one swift movement. "Let's do this. Hope you're ready for the ass kicking of your life, Styles" I cracked my neck, jumping on the spot "Oh you humour me" Harry laughed at my expense "Fists up. Leg back and let's rumble, Jones" I held my position, his gaze hardened as he charged at me.

I grunted as I dodged his punch, holding my gloved fists up. I threw a punch at his abdomen from my crouched position, he stumbled back "One point. Not bad against my 15" I rolled my eyes at his cockiness. "Whatever" We continued throwing punches back and forth until my Dad walked in, clapping his hands "Not bad, honey. Just don't bend your back, never slouch" I nodded my head at him.

My father decided it would be great to teach me how to box or defend myself in his words. This was his idea of father-daughter bonding, I knew it wasn't going to end well. For the last 4 days, he had trained me alongside Harry, who is actually preparing for his next match. Today being the last day, my father thought it would be great to have Harry teach me a thing or two. Definitely not a great idea when the boy doesn't keep his smirk and his annoyingly toned body to himself.

3 hours later, I was packed and ready to head back to WU. Making sure I didn't leave anything behind that I would need, I then headed downstairs. "I'm gonna miss you so much" I chuckled lightly at my mother's teary voice "I'm going to be back soon, Mom" she hugged me close "Still too, I love you baby" I kissed her cheek "I love you Momma" Ella had sat on my luggage, I picked her up as my father picked up my bags "Ready?" I confusedly asked him when he stood next to Mom

"I'm not taking you, Harry is. I figured that it would be a waste of me dropping you off when he's headed in the same direction" I internally groaned but plastered a smile on my face "Great" at that, Harry made his appearance, luggage in hand "Ready to go?" He asked in a clipped tone and I frowned. "Bye sweetheart" Dad hugged me, kissing my forehead and I smiled "I'll see you guys soon" I said as I walked out the house, following Harry who bid them goodbye and thanked them for accommodating his annoying ass.

"Don't touch anything. Just sit quietly" he barked once I took my seat at the passenger's side "I don't intend on staying for long. Once we're out of sight from my parents, drop me off at the café and I'll get myself a lift" I huffed and the car came to life with a roar "Not happening. I promised your dad that I will take you safely back to WU and that's what I'm going to do so sit your tiny ass down and don't speak a word" I frowned again at him, his attitude changed drastically over the night and I want to know why "Why is your mood so sour?" I asked him after a few minutes.

"My mood isn't sour and what did I say about talking?" He raised a stern eyebrow at me and I sunk into my seat, crossing my arms against my chest out of frustration "Geez, I was just trying to make conversation" I rolled my eyes and I heard him sigh, out of the corner of my eye I noticed him reach across to me. Instinctively I pulled my legs closer to the door "What are you doing?" I asked out of panic. He opened the glove compartment and retrieved 2 CDs "Don't give yourself too much importance, love. It's bad for your health. Plus I wouldn't touch you unless I wanted to and currently I don't" he snickered, his words made my chest pain for some reason and I sunk even further into my seat.

Asshole. I heard him snicker "Have you always had the habit of not knowing what you're saying and when" I turned to him confused "You called me an asshole. Quite the fitting description, don't you think?" He continued and I pursed my lips. Arrogant as well. How lovely. Note the sarcasm. I honestly don't know what made his mood change, is it because we're going back to university or is it because of me? As far as I can recall, I hadn't done anything to offend him.

He's probably bipolar, I rolled my eyes at the thought and flinched when the car came to an abrupt stop. "What the fuck? Can't you see beforehand" I exclaimed, he applied his brakes too hard as he came to the stop sign "Can't you put your seatbelt on? If you had, you wouldn't have flown out the windscreen" he rolled his eyes and I sighed "Harry, what is going on with you? Your mood is completely off ever since we left this morning and if I had something to do with it, tell me"

"Don't give yourself too much of importance, love. You had nothing to do with it" he scoffed and I bit onto my lip, deciding on keeping quiet for the rest of the trip. Well, at least I wasn't the one to make his whole attitude change, isn't? Shaking those thoughts from my mind, I focused on the road before me. I smiled as I watched toddlers run around the sidewalks, making their parents run after them. Vendors stood at the edge, waiting patiently for people to notice their products and buy them. A few couples walked hand in hand, all in love and then there were couples that couldn't stop playing tonsil tennis and that made me want to puke.

An hour later, I was back in my dorm room. I had finished unpacking my luggage and began preparing for my last paper. After we arrived at the university, Harry had stopped a few blocks away and made me get off with my luggage so he doesn't get seen with me. I rolled my eyes at him, gathered my luggage and made my way into the building. Such chivalry.

"Yes bitch, guess who's back?" Carter burst through our dorm room, her luggage falling at her sides "Oh my god! I missed you in the last week" I exclaimed, engulfing her in an embrace "I missed you too" she smiled, holding me to her. "Okay, so tell me. How was it going home?" I sighed and we sat across each other on our beds "It was okay, I guess. Scott was home so I got to spend some time with him and my Dad decided to train me" Carter laughed "Oh you poor thing, how are your arms?" I pouted "They feel like they're going to fall off and worst of all Har-" I cut myself off.

I'm not sure if Harry wanted people to know that we know each other. I mean his earlier actions proved that statement correct. "What was the worst part?" Carter's voice broke my chain for thought, she was unpacking her luggage before changing her clothes without having a shower. I scrunched my nose at that. "Nothing. Everything was great" I said in a humble tone. "You sure? Because I'm pretty certain you were about to say someone's name" I rolled my eyes "Don't worry about it" how does she notice these things so quickly? Baffles me.

"How is Scott though?" I chuckled, "He's good, still trying to find the right guy for him" Carter plopped down onto her bed "Really? I have a few people in mind" she devilishly said and my eyes widen "Oh no, he's not dating one of your weird friends. He will find the right guy, soon" I stressed on the last word knowing Carter doesn't always have the best recommendations in mind. "Okay whatever but are you coming along tonight?" I looked at her confused "There's a last exam party being held" I shook my head "Carter, you know I have a big exam coming up, I need to study for it" she sighed.

I'm not a prude. I go to parties, it's one place where I can let loose and just have fun but when it comes to the time of the year where I have exams, then I like to keep my focus. "What about all the other times?" She gave me her puppy eyes and I almost fell for it "Those were different. That's for when it has been a stressful week and I need a way to just be free" I leaned against my headboard, pulling my knees to my chest "Ugh fine, if you change your mind there's a dress with your name on it in my cupboard" I nodded gratefully.

Okay I'm stopping there, the party shall happen in the next chapter. I know this sucked especially since you guys have waited so long for it, if I have time I will be doing another update later on tonight. So at least that will make up for it, be on the watch for my board messages!

Don't forget to vote and comment, I love reading your thoughts.

All the love x