• 9 •

*sighs*

Walking through the university hallways, playing with the end of my hair as I twisted the lock around my fingers with the melody of 'Sombody Else' by The 1975 filling my ears. I was lost in thought that I hadn't seen where I was walking and bumped into someone, head first causing my clumsy ass to tumble backwards almost falling to the floor if it wasn't for the hand that reached out and held onto mine. I had screwed my eyes shut in anticipation of the impact but when I didn't, I opened them one by one to find those forest green eyes staring right back at me.

I cleared my throat and straightened my posture, his hand let go of mine. "Thanks for sav-" he cut me off and I broke the strong eye contact we held  "Next time, watch where you're walking" my mouth fell agape at his rudeness, my eyes followed his back as he walked away. What the hell? "So, what was that about?" I jumped on the spot hearing Carter's voice "Stop creeping up on me like that all the time" I swatted her arm as I fell in-step with her. "Answer my question" she pushed further and I shrugged.

"There's nothing to it, I wasn't watching where I was walking and like any typical situation, I bumped into him, my ass nearly kissed the floor until he reached out and saved me" I explained in one breath as we stepped into our art lecture. I took my seat at my easel, making sure all my equipment is functional and clean. My art project was finally completed and I handed it in on the day I arrived back, I honestly felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

It's been a few days since the one week holiday and tomorrow is Saturday, which means the match. I don't know how to feel about this, my dad invited me and that too willingly but I can't help worry if this is a test since he knows I attended one. "Huh?" I said when I heard my name being called out "Miss Jones, will you pay attention to the lesson please?" The condescending tone of my art professor made me feel small in my seat and I meekly nodded before internally groaning as she started next semester's syllabus. I love art but this only means another project and I'm too tired.

"At the end of the upcoming week you all will receive your project topics," she started and I finished with the last stroke to my painting "I'm sure you all will enjoy this one. However it will be due when you come back from the summer holiday." She's so predictable, a few moments later she dismissed us and I basically ran out the room. "What's wrong? Your mood has been off ever since you woke up this morning" Carter spoke from the side of me and I sighed "I don't know, I guess the match tomorrow has me on edge" she furrowed her brows and I realised I hadn't told her about it.

"My dad invited me to attend tomorrow's match" I elaborated and she gasped "What?! That's amazing, right?" Her perfectly shaped eyebrows rose in surprise and I chuckled softly "Sure it is but I kind of feel like something is going to happen and I'm not going to like it" Carter brushed me off with a wave of her hand "Nothing is going to happen, you just have fun at tomorrow's match and besides I'll be there with you. I was going to ask you if you'd join Ethan and I tomorrow but now I don't have to" she replied smugly and I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, let's get something to eat" I linked my arm with her's, walking in the direction of the cafeteria. Since it's the time of year for writing our final examination, there are hardly any lectures as students are given time to prepare, properly and diligently, for their last paper. Carter and I took our seats at our usual table, keeping our muffins before us. I sipped on my iced coffee when a loud burst of laughter broke through the cafeteria. I looked towards the entrance, where the door was flung open, and walked in were the boisterous flock of birds - also known as WU's Blue Ravens.

The Blue Ravens are one of the elite football teams in the whole state. I hardly knew anyone on the football team as having the fitness physique of a panda made me uninterested in anything related to sport. I'm more of an artistic person, I'd rather sit in my room with a novel or sketchpad, blasting The 1975 or even Bring Me The Horizon. So you could imagine how I felt when my dad decided to train me, it was devastating.

"Hey Addy!" I heard a cheery voice from across the cafeteria and my eyes widened to the size of saucers, my head shot up in search of that voice when I met the gaze of Luke. I waved a little, avoiding Carter's questioning expression. The entire football team turned to look at me including the rest of the students and I've never felt more under scrutiny. I held my breath when I locked eyes with Harry who was sitting amongst the football team, sporting his own jersey. He plays football? Well that's interesting. His eyebrows were furrowed and green orbs cold as always. His arm was thrown over some blonde cheerleader who had been trying to grab Harry's attention but his focus stayed on me.

I broke our eye contact for the second time today and continued eating my muffin. "What was that?" Carter gestured towards the group of boys that now took their seats behind her "I met Luke at the party, well the next morning" I fumbled for words as Harry's piercing gaze hadn't faltered off me and it only made me squirm further in my seat. His eyes held a lot of questions, most directed at me and I somehow feel obliged to answer them - but I won't - I'm not answerable to him. Shaking my head of any more thoughts that surround a particular boxer, I brought my attention back to Carter.

"The next morning?" She raised a teasing eyebrow "Oh shush, it wasn't anything like that. I was in the kitchen and he walked in so we spoke for a while. He later on joined me at the café while I was studying" I explained, sipping on my iced coffee and Carter smiled sweetly at me. "Aw, looks like Addy has herself a little boyfriend" Carter teased, using her fingers to walk up my arm and poke my cheek, I swatted her hand away and she laughed.

I was halfway through the parking lot, on my way back to the dormitory, when someone tugged on my arm. I spun on my heel coming face to face with an angry Harry Styles. "How do you know Luke?" He growled, holding onto my arm "Excuse me?" I took a step back "Answer me" he pressed further and I shook my head, keeping my stand "No, I'm not obligated to answer you" I yanked my arm out of his grasp "Well you have to. Now tell me how do you know him?" I rolled my eyes "I met him the morning after the party, now what's it to you?" I countered, he leaned in closer "He didn't do anything to you, right?" The small hint of concern in his green eyes made me furrow my brows.

"Addy, tell me" Harry pressed further, gripping onto my arms when I hadn't spoke a word "No" I answered in a small voice and watched Harry breathe a sigh of relief before barking an order "Good and don't ever speak to him again" he moved away from me, letting go of my arms and walked off in the direction of his Rover leaving me confused in the middle of the parking lot. I continued my walk to the dormitory in a slight haze.

What does Luke have to do with Harry? Are they friends? And who the hell does Harry think he is, ordering me around and dictating who I talk to? Groaning to myself, I plopped onto my bed once reaching my dorm room and immediately fell asleep.

Am I boring you? Did you like the chapter?

Forever & Always will be updated next, that's if you're my constant reader lol.

All the love x