• 48 •

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT :

I love you guys and would love to support your writing on wattpad but don't for the life of you promote your book in my book. Leave a message on my board then I will have a look, comment it in my chapters then I'll report you. It's simple as that. That isn't how wattpad works, it's absolutely rude and unethical for you to promote your own book on somebody else's and lots of the famous writers would agree with me. I know the struggle of trying to get your work out there in the waters of wattpad but it takes time, you guys don't know how long it took me to get Click, Click to where it is today but I was patient. My writing isn't all that great, I tend to overuse a lot of phrases and I'm sorry for that. Some of you have such captivating writing skills and if you don't have the patience to wait for that to kick off then you're just being greedy. I can help in promoting your book in my books but will not tolerate you doing it yourself. Thank you!

Reminder : don't promote your books on somebody else's.

I sat in bed, my sketchpad before me as my hand mindlessly drew onto the page. I could tell my eyebrows were furrowed by the ache that formed on my forehead. What could Harry have meant? This marked the second time that Harry and my father shared a secret, somehow I feel that this secret is linked to my mother's overdose. I contemplated going up to my father and asking him about the matter but then he'd know that I was eavesdropping on his conversations again, although this time it was unintentionally done. Multiple ideas formed in my mind as to what he could be hiding from me and they all had a worse case scenario at the end of it. Never a happy ending and my mind drifted off to last night.

Upon Harry's answer, I felt faint - being the second time because of him. I grabbed my wits and hid behind the door, so they won't be able to see me, when I noticed Harry move from his position. "Now before you get angry and lash out on me for fucking your daughter - multiple times, just remember what I know. I could easily tell Adeline everything but because I respect you and I keep the promises I make, I didn't. I don't want to hurt her even though by doing this, it's only going to cause her more pain. So I suggest that you work on rebuilding your life, taking care of Mrs Jones and leave Adeline to me. I know how to handle her, she's stubborn and I find that challenging" Harry sounded so cold and threatening. I felt violated, I never felt more disgusted with myself than I did in that moment. Am I just some toy to Harry?

"I'm going to ignore the fact that you just blackmailed me and ask you one question" Dad started but Harry cut him off "You brought this upon yourself, Mr Jones. I've told you since the day I found out that you should come clean, tell Adeline and Mrs Jones instead you reeled me in." Dad sighed out loud and I frowned, wondering what did he find out and why did he let himself get caught into this mess in the first place "Let me finish, Styles. Everything aside, all of this mess thrown into some corner, answer me truthfully. Do you like my daughter?" My breath hitched in my throat and I waited for Harry to speak "I do" I couldn't help the smile that made its way to my face "Do you promise to protect her if anything drastic happens?" Dad asked and it almost sounded like wedding vows.

"I do and I always will. I promised her that I'll stay by her side no matter what and I'm a man of my word" Harry concluded, his tone promising and I felt my heart jump within the confines of my rib cage. I collected my thoughts and knocked on the door, speaking in the most casual tone "Hey, dinner is served" They turned to face me and Dad pressed a smile to his face before walking out the door. Harry stayed behind, standing in the same position with his hands behind his back. Without thinking and in long strides, I reached him, going on my toes as I cupped his cheeks to pull him towards me. Harry tumbled back a bit when my body collided with his and I molded my mouth against his, feeling him respond eagerly as he wounded his arms around my waist to hold me up.

I let out a whimper into his mouth feeling his sizeable hands roam my body, not helping with the fact that hormones have been raging. He pushed onto my ass, squeezing it, to bring my form closer to his and I could feel his buldge grow against my lower abdomen "How many more days until your period is over?" He breathed, there's one good thing about my period, it doesn't last the full week. "Two" I replied and he groaned "I can't wait that long or I might just explode" I chuckled against his lips, placing a kiss to them "I have a solution for that" I pulled away to look up at him and he raised a brow, I could see that smirk on his lips as he tried to hide it "Do you now?" He drawled out and I nodded with a giggle "It's a combination of lotion, tissues and your hand" I almost fell back with mirth at his reaction, his mouth fell agape and rolled his eyes "I'd much rather prefer the combination of your hands and that notorious mouth"

"Did you just give me permission to masturbate?" Harry asked once we left the study, heading downstairs and I nodded "Yeah, why?" He shrugged "Most girls don't usually like that" I then used his own words against him "There's always a first for everything" I clicked my tongue and walked away from him, hearing Harry release a groan from behind me. I took my seat at the dining table, immediately serving myself since my stomach had started to grumble and Harry sat opposite me. Dinner went on smoothly with light conversation regarding university and next semester's classes. "So you're finally going to be a senior in university" Dad smiled and I nodded "I'm a little nervous for it but I know I can handle the pressure" I spoke truthfully.

All this while, being in WU, didn't bother me as I stepped up the ladder of academia but now that I know, it's my last year, it's adding to the stress I have. Not only that but also the fact that I won't have a dorm to go back to. This entire summer I'll have to spend my time doing research on rental flats or lofts that are close-by to WU. I cursed Carter for her irresponsibility, "Huh?" I looked up at my father "Why didn't Carter send in your dormitory forms?" He rose an eyebrow and I frowned, "How did you know?" He chuckled "Honey, you always speak your mind without even knowing. So now, tell me what's going on?" I sighed and explained the situation.

"You can stay with Harry, he lives alone and I'm sure his guestroom is free" Abort! Abort, Addy. This is a test. "You'd allow that?" It was my turn to raise an eyebrow and I peeked a glance at a smug Harry "Yes, I trust him and most of all, I trust him with you. What's to say that after that month is over, you still won't have a place at the dormitory?" Dad shrugged "So I think it'll be better if you stay with Harry, he's closer to the university and much more safer than other rental apartments" He continued and finally concluded that I'll be staying with Harry when the next semester starts. Carter will be staying with Ethan anyway since he decided to join a fraternity and having Carter around them is like having another guy.

I heard the sound of something crashing and I sprung from my bed, throwing my sketchpad aside and bolted out my room. "Mom, are you okay?" I called out once I reached my parents room, Dad had went out to do last minute shopping and Harry decided to go back to his apartment. I followed the sound of whimpering from the bathroom and opened the door, finding my mother lying on the floor as she tried to lift herself up. The nurse that stays with her had retired to her own home for the night, since her duties had been revoked. "It's okay, I've got you" I helped her up and walked her to the bed "What happened?" I brushed her hair aside and handed her a glass of water. "My mouth felt funny and I wanted to brush my teeth" She answered in a breathless tone. Surely, an overdose doesn't make someone this weak.

Thoughts???????