• 25 •

Groggily, I made my way downstairs the next morning, brushing my unruly hair out of my vision. I was met with Ella jumping up and placing her paws to my shoulders as I picked her up. I stopped in my tracks when I came face to face with Harry, his green eyes were of a different shade, sort of crystal. Chestnut locks sat haphazardly on his head as he munched on toast, dressed in nothing but training shorts and shoes.

"Morning, sweetheart" Mom kissed the top of my head and I wrapped my arms around her middle, Ella in between us and my eyes fluttered closed once again "As much as I love to stand here all day so you can sleep, Addy, I have breakfast to serve" Mom chuckled and I pouted before going to sit at the table. Ella sat on the floor next to me and I let out an obnoxious yawn. "Disgusting" Harry commented and I shot him a dirty look "Firstly, that's not what you said last night and secondly, fuck you" I grabbed a slice of toast and took a bite.

Harry's eyebrows rose in amusement at my reply before his lips stretched into a smirk. I'm not even ashamed of yawning like that, I'm in my own house and I get to do whatever I want, whenever I want. Luckily, Mom was out of earshot when I cussed. "Harry, I need you two to run an errand for me" Dad walked in, a notebook tucked under his arm as he typed away on his phone "Sure, what is it?" Harry nodded and I continued eating my breakfast "Yum, yum" I muttered to myself as I forked a piece of waffle into my mouth, the action not going unnoticed by Harry as he rose his eyebrows at me.

Discreetly, I held up my middle finger to him "I need some sandbags and other boxing material picked up. It was going to be delivered to the training center but the driver fell down and nobody else can operate the truck" Dad explained, taking a seat at the table and sipped on orange juice "Alright, where about exactly?" Harry held his cup of tea to his lips "Ohio and take Addy with you" I spat out my orange juice and shrieked "What? Why?" I glanced over at the devil to find a mischievous glint in his eyes as he hid his smirking lips behind the rim of the cup.

"Because I said so and you can keep Harry company. I trust him with you so that is why I'm sending you. End of discussion, Adeline" Dad looked at me sternly, using that protective father tone of his which only made me meekly nod and cower in my seat. "Aw, did princess not get her way? Too bad" Harry mocked and childhisly, I flung a strawberry at his face only to have him open his mouth, the strawberry fell straight in. "You're so fucking annoying" I muttered under my breath, loud enough for him to hear. It's like after last night everything changed between us, I mean there was nothing between us anyway. Maybe I'm just reading too much into this.

"Feeling is mutual, honey" He rolled his eyes and breakfast finished a short while after. I stood in front of my closet, sifting through my clothes as I tried to pick something to wear. I don't even know why I'm doing this, it's not like I'm going on a date with Harry. I shuddered at the thought of that. I settled on shorts and an oversized shirt, "Do you not know how to knock?" I glared at Harry as he barged into my room while I was pulling my shorts on, "I don't have manners remember" He rolled his eyes and propped himself on my desk.

"Plus it's nothing I haven't seen" He gestured to my bare torso, thankfully I have my bra on. I huffed and slipped my shirt on "Why are you even in here?" I've somehow grown indifferent to Harry's presence, I feel like I should be alarmed but I'm not. "I came to see what's taking you so long, we were meant to leave 10 minutes ago" He played with his keys, twirling the keyring around his forefinger "Ugh, are you one of those punctual people?" I placed my hands to my hips "It's good to be punctual, Jones. Now let's go, we're late" He hopped off my desk and walked towards me.

I took a step back and he rested his hand on my hips, keeping me in place. "You look better with your hair down" He said softly, reaching his hand behind my head and pulled out the chopstick that held my bun in place allowing my hair to cascade down my back. I furrowed my brows, confused and flustered, it's like I'm trying to figure out the man that stood before me. One moment, he's hot and the next, he's cold. He's keeping me on my toes and I'm failing to understand his constant mood swings. "We should get going" I replied in the same tone, averting my gaze from his captivating green ones and slipped a hair tie around my wrist.

Twenty minutes later, Harry and I were on the freeway, driving in silence and I twisted the hair tie. I reached over and turned on the radio to dull out the silence we sat in, I smiled hearing the song that played. "How much longer until Ohio?" I asked, pulling my knees to my chest "Roughly six hours. We'll be back by tonight" Harry answered and I nodded. For the next two hours, I sat quietly as I gazed out the window watching the greenery go by before playing a game on my phone to pass time. "Hungry?" I heard Harry speak "Hmm?" I looked up at him "Your stomach is growling," My cheeks flushed a deep red, I didn't even hear my stomach "Would you like to stop and have something? There's a diner just around the corner" He continued

"Yes please" Harry rose his eyebrow at my choice of words and I scoffed "Unlike you, I have manners" He chuckled and I wrapped an arm around my abdomen, hearing my stomach growl further. There's nothing more embarrassing than having your stomach start to grumble while you're in a situation where there is complete silence.

I know it's short, I'm sorry but my mind isn't working rn. It's in a bit of a haze. I hope you enjoyed it tho. Ily