Chapter 16

Thanks guys for be so patience for every chapter and I hope you enjoy this one!! Also I'm going to start putting a quote before every chapter, because 1.) I can. and 2.) I feel like some of them can be very meaningful and motivate  -Lily

"Trust is like an eraser, it gets smaller and smaller after every mistake." -

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ryder's POV

The nurse had just discharged me, mainly because the nurse, who I found outs name is Terry, decided she wanted to get a few tests done on me,  and the boys are in Annabel's room already watching her and waiting for me. I slowly make my way to her room because I'm not ready to start her yet. She's hurt and it's my fault. If she never knew me another gang wouldn't have tried to kill her.

You're probably wondering how I know this, well after nurse finished stitching my arm up the boys arrived.

Two Hours Earlier...

"Ryder" I hear Josh calling my name. "In here guys. Hurry up." All the sudden all of the boys and a few extra gang members come in my room. "You look like shit, boss." Jack says loudly. I just stare at him and then look over to two of the extra guys. I pointed at them, "You two go and stand guard at room 234 and DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT let anyone other than doctors in there when she gets back from surgery and watch their every move." They nodded their heads and walked out of the room. 

I turn back towards Ryan, "Can you look at any cameras and watch how the accident happened?" "I can try, but I can't promise anything. And Ryder listen, we know you're scared and don't try to deny it. But we are scared too. Axel called Ella and Jake, they are on their way. Annabel is a strong ass fighter. Remember she kicked your ass and barely broke a sweat." I nodded my head with a small smile. She is a fighter. She's my fighter. 

"Axel, sit in her room and wait for her. I know this wasn't an accident and whoever did this might come and finish the job." He nods his head and leaves the room. Ryan sits down with his laptop and starts typing away. The door to my room bursts open and all the girls, and Ella and Jake come in. "What happened?!" "How is she?" "Is she okay?" "Are you okay?" They all started shouting. "Someone t-boned us, I'm okay, but they hit Annabel's side, and she's in surgery now. We don't know anything else." Ella starts crying, hugs Jake, and Jake holds her.  Hannah, violet, Stella, Millie, and Crystal all start to cry and Jack and Josh wrap their arms around Hannah and Millie. 

Ella looks at me and points, "This is all your fault! You did this. If it wasn't for you she would never be in surgery fighting for her life. If you would have just stayed out of her life my best friend wouldn't be hurt." She shouts and Jake pulls her out of the room mouthing sorry to me. Everyone is now staring at me at me with sad eyes. "Guys knock it off. Ryan did you find anything?" He nods his head and walks over to me. "I found a stop light camera that has the whole thing on video." He places the laptop on my lap and hits play.

I see our car going through the intersections and a black Ford truck going full speed and smacking right into us. I watch our car fall down the hill and the driver of the Ford get out and look at us before getting on their phone and then a tow truck shows up hooks up the smashed truck and drives away. A black SUV drives up and the driver hops in and they drive off right before the cop cars, fire trucks, and ambulance show up. I pause the video and look up at Ryan, "can you zoom in on the drivers face?" He grabs the computer and nods his head.

A minute later he shows me the laptop. I look at the screen and I realize I know who the driver is. "That's Gabriel Bailey. He's in the Monroe gang." I run my hand through my hair. "Damn it. I knew it. That bastard." I slam my hand down. The boys and girls all look at me. They know the Monroe way too well and Ryan hates Marco Monroe the most. Marco hurt Ryan's family the most. He did the most unforgivable you can do in the gang world. Something no one every dares to do. Even the baddest of bad gangs. I mean if anyone and I mean anyone every did what he did in my gang, I would personally slit their throats after I watch them get tortured in front of my gang.