Chapter 19

Unedited 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ryder's POV

She told Marco Monroe to go fuck himself. She told my rival to go fuck himself. She told the leader of the second biggest and strongest gang leader to go fuck himself. 

Does she have a death wish? I mean it's like a telling a wizard/witch that they are a mud-blood. 

This girl is gonna get me killed. I mean I love her and all but she gonna get us killed if she doesn't keep her trap shut. She might be a fighter, but her fist isn't gonna stop a bullet.

Annabel shuffles in my arms. She fell asleep about twenty minutes ago after eating Wendy's. While she has been sleeping I've been trying to figure out a plan to get Annabel off of Monroe's radar.

So far they include Annabel, disappearing, not fighting anymore, faking her death, constantly protecting her to the point of house arrest, or her leaving the country with me of course.

Seeing as I can't see Annabel wanting to disappear, not fight, fake her death, or leave the country yet. We will have to protect her to the point where she thinks she is on house arrest.

I know the rest of this year is gonna be a shit show but that's okay as long as I have Annabel. 

I've only known Annabel for a little, but she's become the reason I get out of bed. She's the sun in my darkest days. She's Ginny Weasley and I'm Harry Potter.  The jelly to my peanut butter.

As I twirl Anna's hair with my fingers I drift off to a dreamless sleep.

***********************************************************************************************

Annabel's POV

"She's in there."

"Get her and kill her. Make her regret ever I thinking she could leave you." 

"Yes, father."

What the hell is going on?  Why am I tied up? 

I tug at the ropes binding my feet and hands. I'm on the floor of some basement, I think. All I smell is blood and there's no light. 

I hear the door open. 

"Who's there? Where am I? What do you want?"

I feel a sharp pain on my left cheek. I was punched.

"You thought you could leave me? You thought I wouldn't find you?"

Something slices into my skin under my boob. I scream.

I feel something, no a small knife, slide across my back. I scream again.

"You thought you could leave me! You stupid bitch!" 

A kick to my stomach sends me across the room into a wall and leaves curled up in pain.

"You were wrong"

A knife goes into my side. I scream again.

By now I'm panting.

"No, no, no, no, no"

"Annabel! Wake up." My first instinct is to defend myself, so I throw a punch but someone grabs my hand. "Annabel it was just a night terror. You're okay now."

No that was not a night terror, I wanted to say, it was a memory.

"Anna it's me, Ryder." "Ry. When can I go home?" "We are finishing your discharge papers now."

I'm finally leaving this hellhole. I get to go home and stay away. I need to stay away from everyone. I almost got Ryder killed and the girls are probably next. They know where I live but they don't know who Daylen is and where he lives. I'll crash at his house and do online school if I have to. Though this might be weird, I actually have a hundred-mile-long tunnel under my house that goes yo  Daylen's. We had that put in for in case of emergencies or trying to hide from people. No one other than us knows it's there. I have four hidden spots in my house to get to the tunnel. 

When I get home and get rid of Ryder I'll take the tunnel to Daylen's and I'll stay there for as long as  I need to. I'll even leave the country and go visit my Mom's mom in Australia. She moved there after my mom died. She constantly checks in with but I know she misses mom. 

I miss mom.

I get up out of the hospital bed, grab my crutches, grab the bag of clothes, go to the bathroom, and change. I come out and see Ryder waiting for me, "alright let's go." I walk, kind of wobble, out of the room, the hospital, and to the car. 

"Will you just drop me off at my house? I'm tired and I wanna be alone." I look over to see him frown a little, "Oh, yeah. Sure." with that he peels out of the parking lot in his black Audi R8. 

We make it to my house in no time. "Bye, and thank you for driving me home." I kiss him like it's the last time I'll ever kiss him and it probably is. I get out of the car with my phone and keys in my pocket, Ryder hands me my crutches from the back, I put them under my armpits and stand up. I go to my door, unlock the door, open it, and turn around in just enough time to see Ryder leave. 

I rush to the elevator to get to my room. When I get there I grab a duffle bag that already had clothes, granola bars, water, shoes, burner phones, fake I.D.'s and passports, two guns, and five hand knives. I pack for the worst-case scenario, cause I've been there. I grab the bag, go to the library and pull out a book that had wads of cash in it. I put it in the bag and then hobble over to the stairs in the library, grab the fourth pole, it scans my thumbprint, then when I lift my hand it self cleans, and the end of the couch lifts up. I go to it, throw the bag drop the slide, them my crutches, and then I get ready to go down.

I look back before I go down and say, "I'm sorry Ryder, the boys, the girls, Ella, and Jake. It's for the best." I sit the letter that I had prepared a month ago. I write a new letter every week just in case and that's what I do. That's what I wish I would have done for my mom. I go down the slide thinking about how I may never see my boyfriend, best friends, and friends ever again. 

"I love you guys." A tear slides down my cheek as I land softly at the bottom of the slide and into a boat. If I didn't mention this before the tunnel is full of water and Daylen and I have boats on both sides.