The Library (Edited)

I think plasma dragons are the offspring of: . . .

I sighed. What would plasma be the offspring of?

With that in mind, I walked down the stairs and into the stables. It was empty bar Electra, the others probably connecting with their dragons in the bright sunshine.

"Hi Electra". I said

"Hi Amy"

"I need some help with my homework, do you think you could help me?"

Electra tilted her head curiously. "What is it"

I rubbed her soft, shiny scales as I continued. "Do you know the story of how dragons came to Earth?"

"Yes, we know it at birth."

"Our teacher says that no one knows how Plasma dragons are created. We have to choose two dragons that could be the parents of a Plasma dragon. Any ideas?"

Electra sighed and curled up around me so I was leaning on her back.

"I have no idea. People have been saying around the academy that we are cursed. But now Cherry has come they are saying that war will be amongst us with that big black dragon"

"Phantom?"

"Is that his name?"

I nodded quietly. "They say Liam's father was murdered so he was mad and he hunted down those responsible on Phantom and he tortured them in front of him. The torture broke Phantom's heart and Liam now controls him with chains reinforced with shadows and hatred. He possesses Phantom so that his eyes are full of Liam's hatred."

Electra sighed sadly. "Poor Phantom."

I nodded. Straightening up I asked "So, any ideas?" I shook the paper.

Electra purred as I rubbed the patch beneath her spines. "Maybe. I don't know, you?".

"No idea. We could go to the library."

Electra rose and said, "Why don't you climb on my back? We would get there faster,".

I stood up and walked over to her. I had studied Dragon Mounting in my free time so I knew what to do. I placed my foot on her claws and used the spines running up her legs as stairs. When they ran out I grabbed the spikes on her neck and pulled myself up. Then I slid up the neck until I was on the neck just behind the head and grabbed her horns. Shifting around I found a comfortable position and mentally said:

"Ok, lets go. Would you like me to practise steering as I know where the library is or do you want me to give directions?"

Electra chuckled and replied "Let's try steering."

I kicked both feet into her neck and she walked forward, leaving our dorm and walking through the corridors. Boys stopped and stared at us and a few sprinted off, though whether to tell their friends or through fear I honestly don't know. Probably fear. Together we rode through the passages, the high arched doorways and the stunning lapiz lazuli ceilings glimmered and shone as the light bounced off Electra's scales.

"Through here" I said, and we turned through a final arch and we were in the library. The floor was a deep red, soft carpet which your feet sank into. There were lots of squashy velvet green armchairs and there were large pine tables. The bookcases must have had thousands of books and there were at least fifty bookcases. I slid off Electra and walked through the library, before stopping at the section labelled DRAGON HISTORY. I ran my fingers along the spines and pulled a likely looking candidate off the shelf before sitting on a chair and opening it:

This book explains the dragon classes and outlines the prophecies surrounding the mystical dragons, plasma and shadow.

I gasped, looking at Electra. She tilted her head curiously.

"I'm pretty sure all of those books were destroyed by the Dragon King."

"Dragon King?"

"I think you learn about it in your lessons"

"Probably".

I flicked through the pages of the book to page 104 and started reading:

For centuries dragons have roamed these lands, ruled by the elusive Dragon King. The common species have flown freely, never hunted, never pursued, unlike the mystery dragons.

There are two mystery dragons: shadow and plasma.

Shadow dragons

They are powerful dragons with razor sharp fangs and spines. They work the best at night, typically being black or navy colours. One of the easiest to control, they were the assassins of the Dragon King, only killed by a gold sword. Typically, owners (people who have broken their dragon bond and have no connection, emotional or otherwise with their dragon) carry a silver sword, enough to inflict painful damage that will not kill them. Their key rival is the Plasma dragon who outranks them in speed, skill and rarity. Any dragon rider of a Plasma Dragon will be female, a Dragon Queen.

I stared at it stunned before sharing a glance with Electra and flicking the page over to read about Plasma Dragons.

Plasma Dragons

The rarest dragons to ever exist, the Plasma dragon has the nickname of "The Paceret - the rarest gem in the lands". They work best at dawn or dusk, although they work well in red mornings. The hardest dragon to ride, no one can ever own a Plasma Dragon. But for those who become their riders, the riders have incredible senses, and are excellent with weapons. They have the best instincts and they are extremely loyal to their dragon and vice versa. Their one weakness is water, which can, when controlled by a good water mage, extinguish any weak plasma balls. Any Rider or a Shadow or Plasma Dragon will be immortal unless stabbed directly in the heart by a platinum sword. Thus, there will only ever be one Shadow and one Plasma Dragon, no matter what. The dragon and the rider will die at the same time.

The Plasma Dragon can shoot spines from her tail and breathe a wave of sparkling pink electricity. They can also shoot a blast, which will incinerate any living thing receiving it. Their Riders can control the spines shooting from their dragons body and a true master can load the spikes with electricity. They can also shoot Plasma Balls and Manipulate electricity and fire to their own ends. Thus, their dragon can change their colour to yellow, red or orange. The nails of the rider will also change. However the rider cannot change her eye colour.

There are many rumours surrounding the plasma dragon, although one has never existed. The descriptions of the Shadow and Plasma Dragons and their Riders came from the Proven Prophetess, along with one prophecy:

A huntress she shall be
The first of many to ride
A true master she could be
If she doesn't join her brother on the shadow side
Together they would rule the world
Shadow and light, side by side,
But if she rebels her destiny
A Great War, there will be
And the fates may create a new path
One where she will escape her destiny

I closed the book and slid it in my bag before glancing at Electra and taking a deep breath.

"Whew, that was quite a read!"

What did you think of this chapter? A bit longer this time with a lot of dialogue. Was it interesting, was it boring - please let me know! And does she really have an evil brother . . .