Waves

I took a calming breath and stood in my fighting stance sword level and straight the teacher looked over.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!"

"Getting ready to fight sir"

"Elements only. Give me your sword"

"No," I sheathed my sword.

"Then, as you are clearly too high up to fight your team mate, you will fight me"

I stood there gobsmacked. My team looked at me with concerned eyes and Electro came to stand by my shoulder.

Electro stared at my sword. The tiniest hint of yellow was curling along the blue. He looked up confidently.

"Sir, that's not fair. You are evidently more experienced than us".

The teacher smiled slowly. "Then you shall both fight me. Also, due to you speaking to me like that, you both have a detention tonight after dinner".

I gaped at him. A detention. I hadn't even been here a month.

His harsh voice cut through my thoughts. "Are you ready? FIGHT!"

Electra help please. I don't know what to do.

Just close your eyes

He's about to blast lightning at me

I know. Just close your eyes.

They are closed. Imagine your powers like an aura. They glow pink and purple around your body.

Okay . . .

That's it. Now open your eyes

I opened my eyes. I was glowing! Pink and purple radiated from my skin. The teacher stared at me and shot a lightning ball at me. I didn't think. I just pushed my hand out and the power raced from my hands in a wave, absorbing the lightning and cresting, to fall onto my teacher's head. But that was too much for me and the blackness took me.

I could smell herbs. There was a low hub hub of chatter and I cautiously opened my eyes to see the headmaster sitting by my bed. My hospital bed. I coughed and asked:

"What happened?"

"You drained yourself of your magic. It will replenish and as you got stronger you will last longer. That was very impressive. I was watching from my window. However, I fear your teacher may be rather unhappy with you"

I shrugged. "He has already given to me a detention"

The headmaster smiled gently. "I have already cancelled it. I realised the strain Electro put on your team and I was impressed when you apologised. Now then". He leaned closer. "About that book you were carrying. Where did you find it"

I swallowed nervously. "I found it on a shelf in the library. Why did you say you would tell me about it when I graduated?"

He sighed. "Because I thought I could reverse the effects. Have a look in the mirror now"

Confused, I peered into the mirror and stared. My pink eyes now had a ring of gold on either side of the iris. But that wasn't the least astonishing thing. On my armour was golden waves and on my head was a thin circlet with a twisted diamond shape in the middle.

"What is this?" I gingerly touched the circlet.

"It is a mark of rank, as you have surely discovered in the book"

"So the book is accurate"

"Yes"

"What about the prophecy? Is that true"

"Yes"

"How do you know?"

"Do you remember the words?"

"Yes"

"Can you please recite them for me"

I took a deep breath and began stating the the words. As I did the circlet starts glowing:

"A huntress she shall be
The first of many to ride
A true master she could be
If she doesn't join her brother on the shadow side
Together they would rule the world
Shadow and light, side by side,
But if she rebels her destiny
A Great War, there will be
And the fates may create a new path
One where she will escape her destiny"

The circlet stops glowing.

I looked at the headmaster.

He looked at the circlet and then looked at me.

"You hunted at home and then you become the first female to ever claim a dragon egg which is plasma. Then Cherry comes - you are potentially the first of many to ride. You managed to use your power in waves, which only an elite can do and you have never used your power before,"

I stared into the mirror again and looked up. "But that means I either rule the world with an evil brother - which I never knew I had or I start a Great War. None of which was on my life plans,".

"Was Electra on your life plan too?"

"No" I admitted

"And would you change that if you could?"

"No"

"Exactly. You have no control over your own destiny but you can lighten it. Shadow and light could balance each other out and create a fair and just world. Or you could be saving the world from a tyrant. Remember Liam has to control his dragon with chains. There is no bond there, not anymore. He destroyed the East Wing without even knowing you were in this academy. He did it for fun. He didn't even know you were here,".

"Someone in my village could have told him"

The headmaster paused, his eyes glittering with regret. "No, no they couldn't"

My breath hitched. "What do you mean?"

"Your whole village, the Elders, your Mum, your Sister, they have no idea you exist,".

This was too much. I ran out of the room and flung myself onto my bed with tears already running down my face.

Poor Amy! What did you think of this chapter? This chapter is Part 2 of a triple update today!

Enjoy!

Whekim