Barney's POV - Secrets

A/N the picture on the top is Arctic, Barney's Dragon.

Please comment and Enjoy the chapter!

Whekim

I yawned. I had stayed up late last night finishing that prep we had received in Dragon History. To be honest, I have no idea what a Plasma Dragon could be a cross between. I put a Fire and Ice dragon because they were complete opposites and that could create a whole new species but I'm not convinced. I had hoped that book would help us but it just told us that the eggs had already existed. So not helpful. I looked around at the other boys in the room. Our room was huge. It was probably a good thing because we had a lot of boys here. My bed was blue with white snowflakes, just like my element. Adam's bed was red with orange comets, Stephen's was pale blue and light grey and Electro's-. Well Electro's was just grey. Weird. I wondered what the girl's dormitory was like. Probably a lot smaller but cosy. Afterall, it only had Amy and Cherry in. Amy is the best team leader I could have asked for. And to be her Gamma, her third in command was fantastic! She and Adam would make a great pair (boyfriend and girlfriend), well, if they were brave enough to admit their feelings for each other. And Cherry, Cherry was great. She's studious and quiet yet with a real sense of humour. I really like her. Stephen insults her, but I think that's a brotherly thing? Stephen said she has never had a boyfriend, which is really hard to believe - apparently she's too quiet. Adam said according to Amy, she really likes someone in our Anchemi. As in like loves. I wish it was me.

I pad down the stairs, the fluffy carpet practically silencing my footsteps.

As I walk, I can hear voices coming from the stables, Amy and someone. Their voices drift up to me as I stand by the door to listen:

"So Striker, can you tell me again?"

"Sure. When we left the academy-"

"Which academy?"

Striker hesitated. "The Eastern Academy of Alactria,".

"There's an Eastern Academy of Alactria?"

Another voice joined in. The headmaster's voice. What was he doing here? "Yes there is. However it is very small and we generally send any students who are awful with their element or need private training because they can't control their element"

Striker continued. "So we left the academy because we were expelled. Electro and I were walking together when we spotted this navy blue dragon and a boy with white eyes. We chatted to them and then the boy spoke to Electro in private. When they left to talk alone, the boy, Liam, ordered his dragon Phantom to not talk. Although Phantom tried, he couldn't speak. That was when I noticed the chains. As time went on, we saw them every week and eventually Electro put chains on me. Then he realised it was too noticeable and he put the iron bridle on me. Liam and Electro concocted a plan to get into the this academy, though they now discussed it in front of us because I was being controlled. When we got into this academy, we met Liam once every two days to discuss the plan. Liam planted the book he rescued from the Dragon King in the library, in the hope to teach you about him and learn about your powers. He believes you will join him,".

I choked. Amy join with Liam! The boy who broke his own dragon bond, Amy's brother.  Why would she join up with him?

Striker was still talking: "He deliberately told Electro to ask you to read out the dragon origins so you would understand that the two of you were connected in more ways than one.

I took a step forward and slipped on the carpet. I shot forward and caught Amy's eyes, upset pink eyes meeting my ice blue ones. I fell onto the floor and scrambled back up. "Amy" I started."It's not your fault. How were you to know? How were any of us to know?"

She sighed. "I don't know. I really don't know. But we should probably tell the team. About everything, including the fact Striker will be staying in our Anchemi. Whatever Electro did, it was not Striker's fault.

I nodded. "I agree. When are you going to tell them?"

She sighed. "If they are all awake, now is as good a time as any"

I nodded. "I'll go and get them"

As I turned to go, I heard a muted sob as Amy went into Electra's stall. I felt numb and I hadn't even been the one who was the target to be tricked. So I went off and gathered the team.

They were stunned. We were all lounging on the sofas as Amy told them. Their expressions ranged from horrified to shocked and then to stunned. Amy flopped down inbetween Adam and I and said:

"I want to meet him"

I swallowed. "Who?"

"Liam. Just so I can rage at him for what he did to Striker and Electro's bond. He destroyed their relationship"

"OK" I muttered. "Are you going to?"

She smiled. "No. But I have to admit, it felt good to say."

I laughed. "Fair enough"

As we didn't know what to do, we all went and swam in the lake. It was a great Sunday afternoon, ready to learn new things on Monday.

What did you think of this chapter? Do you agree with Amy's decision to keep Striker on the team?

Please comment!

Whekim