Amajiki Tamaki: Confession Nerves

*clears throat*

This is a prequel of Kotatsu Hibernation. After I re-read it, I found that flashback part so cute and thought, "Oohhh, let me write something about this!" and so! I bring you this oneshot!

I dedicate this oneshot to TheBrokenCharacter! Hope you like it~!

An Amajiki Tamaki x Reader. Who knew confessing can take such a toll on your poor heart?!

Additional key(s) to remember: (F/N)-friend's name (female)

(N/N)-nickname

><><><

Spring. The season of new beginnings. The smell of the blooming flowers, the wonderful, calming spring air was enough to make you think of a big change.

"Is, what I would like to say!" your best friend, (F/N) said in her dramatic voice, staring down at you with narrowed eyes. "If only you would show a little more spring energy."

You were slumped on your desk, arms outstretched across, your face planted on the surface, hair sprawled out messily. A thick, depressing aura floated above you that it was enough for your friend to take pity on you. She sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"Okay, so you got into a different class than him, so what?!" she sat on the edge of your desk. "It's not like you'll get to be in the same class. Come on, girl! You're in General Studies, remember?"

That tragic fact only thickened your dark, gloomy aura. It only made you want to melt into the flat surface of your desk. You wished you had a quirk like Togata from the Hero Course, so you could phase through surfaces and just, isolate yourself from the cruel world.

Alas, you weren't gifted with a single quirk. You failed the practical exam, but still managed to pass into the General Studies Department. From there, you crossed paths with three students from the Hero Course-namely, Mirio Togata, Hado Nejire, and Amajiki Tamaki.

Who knew you would become friends with those three, who came to be known as The Big Three after you got lost and accidentally went into their classroom instead of yours? You were supposed to just hide and sulk from the embarassment, but Hado found you again and practically pulled you out of your shell.

You've also come to notice the shy ravenette, Amajiki. Despite having zero socializing skills, you managed to become close friends with him, which later on developed to something more. You two had spent quite some time together since first years. Then on your second year, that's when you realized you've fallen in love with the shy little elf.

You were actually planning on telling him your feelings right before the end of your second year. But damn it, things happened, and you got held back. Now, starting your third and last year in U.A, you couldn't help but feel unmotivated. It probably wouldn't be worth it, thinking how he could reject me and all.

But damn it, I love him! He's so cute in everything he does! When he's all shy when I look at him, how he looks away when embarassed, especially those adorable elf ears-

"Hey." (F/N) gave you a gentle karate chop on the head, bringing you out of your thoughts. "You know, you shouldn't be sulking like this, not when you can still do something."