Hawks: The Last Time

Henlo, I am here! Geez, how long has it been since I updated? I'm so sorry! *bows repeatedly*

So to make it up to y'all, here's another quick Himiko Toga sketch I did a couple of days ago! It's something I did for my simple Inktober attempt. And, I know I should've included my signature in the pic but I forgot to since this was in the same page among my other quick sketches, where I forgot to sign. Ehehe~

I know it's been a while, but here's a request from Lindbergmargrete. Hope you like it!

Anywho, have y'all seen the visuals on the new My Hero Academia movie? I caught sight of Hawks! Waaahhh!!!

A Hawks x Reader. It's hard becoming the no. 2 hero, and Hawks is really feeling it.

Oh, I should warn you that there's gonna be some spoilers from the manga.

Additional key to remember:

(F/D)—favorite drink

><><><

"You have got to be kidding me. . ." You hissed to yourself, gripping your phone tightly that you thought it was going to break. Your eyes scanned up and down on the text message you just received, an irk mark appearing on your temple.

Had to deal with an emergency so I can't go to the meeting. Sorry!

—Keigo

Does he even think telling me this is gonna make me feel better? Let alone the media?! You were already fuming, teeth gritted as you turned your phone off, placing it back in your pocket. The noises of the people waiting in the press conference room rang in your ears. It was both annoying, and nerve-wracking. You wanted to shout curse words here and there, all pointed to the man who was supposed to show up in that room. The man recently recognized as the new no. 2 hero.

You peeked from behind the curtain, looking at all the media who had been waiting for a while now. Impatience was evident in their faces. It wasn't really different from you as well. You talked about this with him the day before, reminded him a few times already. He told you he'd be there for the nth time. And now, he decides to ditch the day of the interview.

Inside, you were already panicking, heart pounding in your chest. You honestly didn't know what to do. Running your fingers through your hair, you thought of something you could do to stall some time.

I'll wait for him. If he really doesn't show up after. . . an hour, then I'll go out there and tell them he couldn't make it.

><><><

In the end, he really didn't show up.

It took you more than an hour of waiting before you finally summoned up the courage to walk out from behind the curtains and announce Hawks' absence. Immediately, the press bombarded you with a lot of questions. You did your best to answer them, calming them down, but you felt really ashamed. Especially after they took time to be there. They were doing their job, and you just ruined it.

But then, if he didn't ditch at the last moment, this wouldn't have even happened. It appears it was too much for someone of his calibre. Ever since he had been placed as the new no. 2 hero, his responsibilities had doubled up. After All Might's announced retirement, a lot of things have changed. The hero rankings especially.