Todoroki Shouto: Stay (2)

Hooray, a double update! And I'm alive yaaayyy! ⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾

And so! We're back, with the part 2. Enjoy~!

A Fox Spirit!Todoroki Shouto x Reader. How long can one person hold on to the one they cherish the most?

WARNING: There will still be mentions of bullying!

><><><

You stared at the new person in the room, taking in his appearance. Mismatched hair and eyes. . . A traditional kimono. Is he. . . ?

"Y. . ." You stammered. "Y-You're. . ."

Your grandmother must've noticed how tense you were, as she attempted to ease the tension down as she spoke,

"(Y/N), you never told us about this boy," she said. Yeah, because there's hardly anything to mention apart from the fact that we were playmates.

"Shou-kun here came in our house because he wants to see his girlfriend so badly!"

"Yeah, he—" you cut off your sentence as you heard her last sentence. "Wait, girlfriend?"

"Oh, am I wrong?" Your grandmother placed a hand on her cheek. "Shou-kun told me that you promised to marry him when you see each other again, so he came here!"

". . . Huh?!" You exclaimed. Yep, he's totally that boy! Goodness gracious, he still remembers that?!

Your grandfather chuckled, shaking his head.

"Geez, (Y/N), we know you tend to keep a lot of secrets from us, but we didn't expect you having a boyfriend already," he said. "Man, you sure have grown!"

Your face bursted into red. "G-Grandpa! What are you saying all of a sudden? Boyfriend? Shou-kun? Wha—"

"Anyway, (Y/N)," your grandmother interrupted. "Shou-kun here just lost his home, so he's going to be living with us! Come on now, go show him to that old spare room next to yours."

"E-Eh, wait just a moment!" You managed to say something despite all the confusion in your mind. You exchanged glances to your grandparents, then to the strange, mismatched guy who just declared himself as your lover.

You took a deep breath. There is no way I'm going to let grandma and grandpa think of weird things about me.

"First of all," you started, pointing a finger at the peculiar male. "Grandma, grandpa. This guy is not my boyfriend. He's just my childhood friend."

Your grandma's brows raised. "Oh my, so I was wrong, then?"

You rubbed the back of your neck. "Anyway, don't misunderstand anymore. As for you. . ."

You paused your sentence for a while, narrowing your eyes at him.

"Your name?"

Heterochromatic eyes stared back at yours. Strangely, your mind flashed an image of a younger him with that dazed look in his eyes.

". . . Shouto," he finally spoke. "My name is Shouto. I apologize for not introducing myself to you back then."

Shouto. . . You repeated his name in your mind like a new term. It's been so long since I last saw him. Now he's. . .

"Ah, you can call me Shou-kun too, if you like." He added, snapping you out of your thoughts. Your face immediately burned red at the mention of that nickname your grandmother had just used.