Mind reader

SKYE POV

The weirdest thing just happened to me....

I couldn't get to sleep, so I decided to make a midnight snack. So I went to the kitchen to make a sandwhich, that's when Ward walked in.

"Can't get to sleep?" He asked me.

"Yeah," I said, rummaging in the cupboards for something good (seriously, what do you have to do around here for some chocolate spread?) "want some?"

I'd kill for some peanut butter.

"Sorry, Coulson ate the last of the peanut butter," I replied.

"Did I say that out loud?" He sounded alarmed "I swear I didn't say that out loud...."

Ah ha! In the back of the cupboard I spot a tub of ice cream.

"Screw sandwiches!" I exclaimed, ripping of the label that says in neat handwriting 'Simmons only'.

Ugh, I need sugar... But I can't.

"Poor you,"

"I did not say just say that out loud!"

I turned around to face him and laugh "Are you seriously not allowed any ice cream?"

"Yeah,"

And it sucks.

That's when I noticed it. I heard him talking, but his mouth wasn't moving.

"Erm... What did you just say?"

"I said yeah," He said, confused.

"No, after that."

"I didn't say anything after that."

"You said that it sucks."

He turned bright red and muttered "I should stop saying what I'm thinking..."

I giggled as I ate a spoonful of ice cream.

"Mmmm, it's so sugary and sweet!" I teased.

She's so pretty.

Wait, what did he just say? Ward wouldn't say that, he's too... Ward.

Again, his mouth didn't move at all, how is that possible? It's almost like... I'm reading his mind. No, that isn't possible. Why would I think that?

"Skye, are you okay?"

Oh no. I realised I was staring at him, oops.

"Sorry, I'm just... Not hungry anymore," I put down my ice cream (what was left of it) and walked away.

"Where are you going?" He called after me.

"Uh, I'm going to... check my makeup."

"But, it's 1 am."

"I'm a lady, you wouldn't understand."

And now I'm walking to my room to go to sleep and hopefully wake up in a world where I'm not reading people's minds.

As I open the door to my room Simmons rushes past me and runs into the bathroom.

"Jemma?" I ask.