The Little Girl

SKYE POV

We rushed into the building as fast as we could. It was so hard to keep up with with May, Coulson and Ward. There was so many stairs, the screams kept getting louder and louder...

We finally got to the top of the stairs, I wanted to stop and take a breath but I knew I couldn't slow everyone down.

"Hey!" Ward shouted "Let us in!"

The screaming continued and no one opened the door.

Ward glanced at Coulson nodded. Ward kicked the door, and surprisingly... It wouldn't budge.

Ward groaned and turned to May. May rolled her eyes and took the door down in one kick.. Wow!

The apartment was a mess! The floor was covered with dirty clothes and there was mouldy food on the couch. There was a small television in the corner of the room, but it was showing static.

"Ugh.." I sigh "Poor kid."

We walk into the room that the screaming was coming from... and... oh my god.

Everything was floating. Clothes, toys, food... everything.

The little girl in the corner of the room stopped screaming when we walked in, she turned around and smiled at me.

Creepy.

Ward's thoughts echoed through my head. I gave him a dirty look.

"You're... you're like me," She ignored everyone else and stared at me.

"Yeah, you can read minds, right?" I reply with a smile.

"It's horrible!" She exclaims "I can hear everyone... They're all so mean!"

"Can you... make things float as well?" I ask politely.

She nods.

"This is Melinda May," I point at May "She can do that too."

"Oh, please," The little girl rolls her eyes "I can read her mind, I know everything about her."

"Aw, you're adorable," Coulson remarks.

Ward had a look of disgust on his face.

"Grant," The little girl turns to Ward "Why am I so creepy?"

Ward's eyes widened as he realised that she could read his mind.

"I like her," May added.