Regeneration and control over technology

FITZ POV

I don't feel like going to bed, I don't feel like working either. Is this even a feeling?

Ugh... I'm so bored.

So here I am now, deleting spam on my laptop. I feel so useless.

So many crap blueprints from when I was sixteen... I really should've gotten a new laptop by now.

"Fitz?"

I see Coulson walk down the steps.

"Hi, sir."

"What are you doing?"

"Just deleting some stuff, why aren't you asleep?"

"Nightmares."

"Oh."

"What are those?" He pointed at my screen.

"Blueprints, loads of them."

"What about that?" He pointed to the corner of my screen.

"Oh, that's a pic of me and Jemma building a snowman outside of the academy," I click on it.

"Last Christmas was so fun," I say happily "Someone built some automatic snowball machines and hid them all over the place, it was so funny."

COULSON POV

"Must be fun, I haven't been to a Christmas party in years," I sigh.

"Probably no Christmas parties for me either..."

Suddenly there was a loud 'click' sound and the lights went out.

"What was that?" Fitz exclaimed.

"Did anyone switch the lights off? Skye? Ward? May? Hello?"

"Sir, I think we just need a new lightbulb."

I thought that was it, but that's when the screen on the laptop started flashing.

"Sorry, this is an old laptop, I knew it would break at some point...." Fitz sighed.

"What a coincidence," I say. But it obviously wasn't a coincidence when one of the dwarf drones started flying around.

"What the hell!" Fitz exclaimed.

"This can't be a coincidence!" I shout "who's doing this!?"

"Damn it!" Fitz yelled "What's happening?!"

Soon enough, all the technology in the lab was going wild. We hid behind one of the counters, trying to avoid the chaos.

"We need to get out of here," I whisper "something's going to explode."

"If we can get at the night-night pistol we can shoot some of the dwarfs, it won't effect them but it'll knock them back, leaving some space for us to run out of here," He said.

"Alright," I reply "I'm gonna go get the night-night pistol, when I say so you run like hell."

Fitz nodded.

I glanced over the counter and saw the night-night pistol on the other side of the room, beside two normal guns.

I took a deep breath and ran for it. I got to the night-night pistol and reached out for it, but that's when the other guns shot me right in the stomach.

"AHHHH!" I screamed, despite the blinding pain I managed to throw myself behind the counter.

"Coulson! Oh god!" Fitz shrieked.

"Ugh...." I groaned as I ripped my shirt to examine my injuries.

One.. two.. three... four bullets, and I'm bleeding pretty badly. Ouch.

"I-I need surgery...." I manage to say.

"But, Jemma's upstairs and..." Fitz looked over the counter and groaned.

"WHY CAN'T THIS JUST STOP!" Fitz shouted, and (unbelievably) it all stopped immediately.

We both stood there with our mouths open.

"Was that a sick magic trick? How did you do that?" I blurt out.

"I didn't do that! I was as scared as you!" Fitz exclaimed "And how did you do that?!"

He pointed to my chest and I gasped. Through my ripped shirt I saw that my injuries were gone, all gone.

"What the....?"

"You just healed! In like three seconds!" Fitz said.

"What happened?!" Skye shouted.

We see everyone rush down the stairs, worried looks on their faces.

"Oh no! The lab!" Simmons exclaimed.

We look down to see the remains of all of Fitzsimmons prototypes and technology scattered all over the floor.

"Everything was so calm and then... that happened," I shrug.

"You're going to have to be more specific," May sighed.