Hope

SIMMONS POV

"I found something! Fitz!" I yell.

"Shut up! They could hear us!" Fitz rushes to my side.

After a few minutes of searching, we finally find a large metallic door, with a electronic panel, probably for opening the door.

I point at the panel "Do something!"

"Do what?"

"You know, use your powers!"

"I can't just do that!"

"You're our only hope!"

"What about Skye?"

"This isn't that kind of panel, you need a card," I gesture to the slot for swiping the card.

"Ugh...." Fitz groans "I can't, I'll hurt you...."

"Please don't do that!"

"Do what?"

"Think about me, it'll...."

Oh. His powers will eliminate every electronic thing in this room, including the panel.

"Kiss me."

"Wait, what?!" Fitz exclaims.

"Kiss me!"

"No! I'll hurt you! I'm danger-"

I kissed him, trying not to be as angry or selfish, as I was when we were fighting. This will probably the only time I can express my feelings, so I have to make it worth it.

Fitz finally pulls away and mutters "Why are you doing this..."

"Because I love you, Leo," I reply with a smile "Also because your powers will... Oh."

I look at the panel again, it isn't doing anything.

"My powers didn't work!" Fitz exclaims.

"Oh, no," I moan.

"No, this is good! We can stop it, Jemma!"

"You're right!" I shriek in delight and kiss him on the cheek.

Bang! Suddenly the panel explodes along with several light bulbs. The door slides open.

"Oh, well, I guess we can't control it that much..." I sigh, I shouldn't have gave him that extra kiss.

He just smiles at me adoringly, and I just blush.

We were interrupted by Ward and Skye rushing towards us.

"Guys! We took down one of Dean's lackeys and he had a card!" Skye shouted from across the hallway. Me and Fitz remembered that Skye was reading our minds the entire time.

Ward hurried over to the panel and groaned.

"Really, Fitz? that was all for nothing!" He shouted in frustration at Fitz.

"Let's just go!" Skye said.

We follow Ward and Skye through the corridor. I smile and hold his hand as we walk.