The Dark Room

SKYE POV

Ugh....

"Skye!" I hear Simmons voice...

"Wake up!" Oh, Fitz too....

"Skye! please," Wait, is that Ward?

"Ward..." I mumble with the little energy I have.

"Oh thank god!" Simmons exclaims.

I open my eyes and realise I'm in a dark room with Ward, Fitz and Simmons. Hey, why are they tied to chairs? And why is blood dripping from my forehead?

Then all memories come back.

"Oh..." I groan "I think someone hit my head."

"Yeah," Fitz shrugs "And it's bleeding pretty bad."

"What happened to you guys?" I ask.

"Some guys came into the bus," Ward says "We didn't see them at first, not until they drugged May. We found her unconscious on her bed. That's when they took me by surprise."

"Me and Fitz ran for it," Simmons mentions Fitz for the first time in ages "But we weren't fast enough-"

She was interrupted by the man from before walking into the room.

"You better stay put," he says "If your S.H.I.E.L.D. friends cooperate we will let you go, if they don't..."

He gave us a twisted smile. Simmons gulped loudly and Fitz refused to look the man in the eye. I turned to Ward who was strangely calm, he was sitting up straight and staring at the man with a look of seriousness.

Once the man left the room I glared at Ward.

"How did you do that!?" I exclaim.

"Do what?" Ward raised an eyebrow.

"You know, how can you be so calm?" I repeat "That guy just threatened us!"

"It's a strategy," Ward replies "Stay calm and serious, it might intimidate him."

"Is that how you flirt with girls?" I joke.

"No, it's just my personality," Ward shrugs.

But it worked with you....

"Excuse me?" My jaw drops.

"Oh yeah, you can read my mind..." Ward sighs and looks away.

And then I hear a voice that isn't Ward, it isn't Fitz and it isn't Simmons.

Why do I let him drag me into these things?

I realise it must be coming from outside the room. It sounded like a girl, and Ward described the people that came onto the bus as 'guys' so it must be the tall girl from before..

Oh Isabel... What are you doing? I know I love him, but I know this is wrong. I don't understand Dean's thirst for money... Oh, those poor hostages.

Dean must be the strong guy from before, and they must be a couple. I close my eyes and try to enter her mind....

Suddenly I see through her eyes. And a load of feelings come rushing into me...

Love, hate, anger, sadness, worry, regret, damn Dean sucks. I venture deeper and find lots of kindness and care. She has a little brother that she cares about a lot and she feels terrible about running away from home. Maybe I can use this to get out....

Soon a pain rushes into my head. Ugh... It feels like a freak headache... I try to stay in Isabel's mind... No, I can't..

"AAAH!" I realise I'm screaming.

I stop and open my eyes, I'm back in the dark room with everyone else.

"Skye!" Simmons exclaims "What's wrong?"

"I.. Ugh..." I've lost so much energy from being in her mind.

"Oh no!" Isabel rushes into the room panicking "Are you okay?!"

I look up at Isabel with pleading eyes.

"Are you okay, Isabel?" I ask her.

Wait, did she just say my name?

"Sorry, did I scare you?" I say with a smile "I have.... a way with people."

"What are you doing here?" I continue.

"I... don't really know..." Isabel sighs.

"You should be back in Texas with Maxwell," I say "Your brother, Max, needs you."

Isabel stands there speechless.

"Why did you choose Dean over Max?" I ask.

"I'm... A bit confused... It's just that I love Dean despite his crazy schemes..." Isabel blushes "I shouldn't be telling you this!"

She muttered something and stomped out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

"Ugh," I groan "That was our only chance!"

"What was that?" Fitz asked, confused.

"She read that girl's mind, how dumb are you?" Simmons rolls her eye.

"I am not dumb!" Fitz countered "I'm a rocket scientist! I graduated from the academy two years early! and I-"

"So did I!" Simmons interrupted.

Ward turned to me and said "What should we do?"

"We have powers," I say "We can't just waste them."

"I don't know how to control my powers..." Ward admits.

"But Fitz does, and so can I," I add.

Ward smiles at me and it feels like everything is going to be okay. Everything bad seems to disappear, the dark room, Dean and even the constant arguing of Fitzsimmons seems to fade into the background.