Through The Trapdoor

FITZ POV

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Out of here," Skye replies.

"And where is out of here?" Jemma asks,

"Somewhere not here," Skye replies.

"She has no idea," Ward says.

"Just great!" I moan.

"Oh shut up Fitz," Jemma snaps.

"Look, you two!" Ward turns around to face both of us, an annoyed expression on his face "I don't know what happened between you, but grow up!"

If only he knew....

Skye looks at me with a worried expression, she must be reading my mind. I wish she would stop.

"Oh, sorry," Skye shrugs.

"Okay, the only way we'll be able to get out of here in time, is if we split up," Ward explains "Skye can keep track of everyone by reading our minds."

"Good plan," Skye adds.

"Fitz and Simmons, you go that way," Ward points to a door a few metres away.

"What?! why am I with-" Jemma retorts.

"So you can get your crap together!" Ward interrupts in an unusually irritated tone.

"I guess so..." I agree.

COULSON POV

"Is this really it?" I ask May.

We stand facing a small friendly looking house. It looks like it could belong to a small family, it's perfect for children. There's absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.

"This is an old base, most of it is underground," May replies "It was abandoned years ago, these people must have taken advantage of it."

I walk around the house, all of the curtains were closed. I soon find a small door at the back of the house, it might lead to the basement.

"Look at this!"

"That must be the entrance," May examines it carefully.

I reach for the handle and pull it as hard as possible, but it wouldn't budge.

"Might as well be painted on," I sigh.

May rolls her eyes and kicks it open.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome, sir."

We carefully walk through the small door. It was pitch black, I followed May as she navigated her way around the corridor.

"I think I found something," She says.

Through the darkness I can barely make out a trapdoor. Surprisingly May opens it without kicking it. As the door opens, light pours out.

"Ladies first," I say politely.

Ouch, May pushed be through the door. I guess I shouldn't have said that.

I fall face flat on on the floor. I groan loudly, sit up and examine my surroundings. I am in a long white corridor, with doors spread out all over the place.

"Incoming,"

May drops down beside me, landing on her feet.

I stand up beside her and say "I guess they're somewhere here, tell me if you see any guards."

"Oh!"

"May? Any guards?"

"No, I just realised I do actually want to go on a date with you."

Yet another awkward silence.