Chapter Nine: Beast of Burden

All that you touch

And all that you see

All that you taste

All you feel

And all that you love

And all that you hate

All you distrust

All you save

And all that you give

And all that you deal

And all that you buy

Beg, Borrow, or steal

And all you create

And all you destroy

And all that you do

And all that you say

And all that you eat

And everyone you meet (everyone you meet)

And all that you slight

And everyone you fight

And all that is now

And all that is gone

And all that's to come

And everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

_______________________________

There is no dark side in the moon, really.

As a matter of fact, it's all dark

___________________________

Little did she know, everything would become chaos. All that she worked hard to keep-the friendship, the love-in just a matter of seconds it would be lost, once again. All because of her.

The monster.

The freak.

The beast of burden.

And the power inside of her was going to explode yet again. It had built over the years.

The frustration.

The guilt.

The blame.

For a while, it had been contained. No longer a thought, but it still lingered deep within. She knew; she felt it surge through her veins. All it took was for her to screw things up again.

Why?

Because she didn't have it under control, no matter how much she lied to herself, wanting to believe it.

That's why she could no longer have what helped keep her grounded. The person who made her laugh; smile. The person who could take away the pain of the past. The one who was always there for her, even in the worst times.

Pain.

That's all she felt; all she saw.

He could no longer be with her because of what happened. It happened once before, and now it's happened with him.

No more.

She couldn't live with herself if he died because of her.

No matter what she told herself, no matter how hard she tried to push the feelings away, she couldn't hold back what was there for him. For once, she listened to her heart. What a fool she had been. Never would she make the same mistake, not after what happened.