Part Three

It's been a year since the incident in Cairo when the X-Men, Layla, and Peter faced off against En Sabah Nur, also known as Apocalypse. The mutant brought chaos and destruction all around the world, and the fight to defeat Apocalypse seemed impossible. After the X-Men teamed up with a new mutant, and an old friend, the fight was won. For Peter it had emotionally drained and scarred him because Layla, the girl he loved, had died at the hands of Apocalypse. While her powers brought her back to life, and Peter was reunited with Layla, visions of that day still haunt his dreams. Peter tries to forget them, and has to reassure himself most nights that Layla is still with him because he fears of losing her again. 

For Layla, she tries not to think about that horrible day in Cairo, and instead keeps on training with others in the X-Men program. All has been well for a year, and while nightmares still plaque Layla's mind, she has learned to control them. Now, a new threat emerges from the shadows. One the X-Men and Layla never would have suspected. Secrets will be revealed, and Layla begins to question whether or not she wants to remain in control, or give in to the raw anger that consumes her. 

____________________________

Hello, Readers! ^_^ 

This is the third part to my X-Men fan-fiction story, Layla. And depending on how Dark Phoenix ends, whenever it comes out, this might even be the last part to this story. This would only be the last part to this story if they killed off Quicksilver in the next movie, which would be terrible, and I wouldn't like it, but that would be difficult to write. However, this is fan-fiction so even if they did kill his character off, he can still exist in fan-fiction stories! ^_^ 

Okay, now back to the story. The third part to this story should be short, meaning there shouldn't be too many chapters. I say should because there might be a bit more chapters, only because the more I've had time to think about this, the more ideas I get. The first chapter to part three, I was trying to publish on Monday, but I ended up having a bunch of things to do, and had no time at all. Sometime, this week I will have the first chapter up, though. 

Thank you all for reading this story, and I hope you enjoy part three of Layla! 

Have a good week! 

-ussrocketdog