- 1 -

%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%

I yawn hard at 6AM. I work part time at a café right now and I have a morning shift since my classes don’t start until the afternoon. I stand up from my bed and look at my reflection in the mirror. My hair is a mess, when will it be smooth and soft like those girls in the ads. I wash it enough and I think I deserve to have the same treatment. Ugh… I’m just hopeless.

I take a bath, dress in my café uniform, not forgetting to tie my hair in a low ponytail that is simply boring, and walk out the streets like that. I know I should’ve worn something else and just wear the uniform when I get there but I cannot do that. I cannot afford more laundry at the end of the week. Even detergent costs a bunch. I will not lose more money on that trivial thing.

I get to the café on time and directly go to the locker room, log in and get ready for the morning. Soon, my supervisor arrives. He’s a swagger and he’s four years older than me. He looks intimidating but he’s funny. And I’m really relaxed around him. He’s like a big brother to me. His name is Yoongi.

“Yo!” he greets me.

I slightly bow at him saying, “Anyounghaseyo.”

“Ahh.. you’ve been here for months. Why are you still acting like we’re strangers?” he whines.

I only smile at him. I’m a respectful kid, I was raised like that.

“Anyways, how’s college doing?”

He’s really like an older brother, I can say. He never forgets to ask me how I’m doing, “Good. I’m just having a hard time with my thesis.”

“Ahh… I can’t help you with that. Good luck.”

I just snort at him. And we both make way out of the locker room to prepare for the day.

%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%

A lot of students from the university come here. They spend a lot of bucks for coffee and cakes, something I can’t really afford. Instant coffee taste better and that bread from 7-11 is much tastier for someone like me.

I work hard, serving people food. This part time job was a blessing to me. I had several jobs before I got here and it’s the best so far. It pays more than what it’s meant to and I get off paying rent and buying necessities from this job. It’s tiring, but it’s all worth it. It’s all thanks to Yoongi for accepting me.

Around 10AM, I hold my breath as the person I’m waiting for enters the café. It’s Jungkook with his girlfriend, Lisa. And they’re looking as perfect as ever. He seldom came to this café in the months I’ve been here. He came alone once and he came with her about twice, but I wasn’t able to serve him then. It was Yoongi all the time. But this time, I’ll be the one to. When Yoongi walks out of the counter to collect their order, I hold him off for the first time.

“Wait, Yoongi-sunbae, I’ll do it for you,” I told him.

“You still have some other customers waiting-“ he told me off.

“Give this one to me, please. Just this one,” I press my hands together before him.

“You’re being creepy,” he just grimaces and gestures I go.

“Thank you.”

Now I walk to them with my heart thundering. This is probably the first time ever in my life that I’ll get to talk to him. Even if it’s simply just getting his order. They’re looking sweet as they browse the menu. The closer I get, to louder my heartbeats. And when I’m about two tables away from them, Lisa suddenly bolts out of the café. She runs past me in a hurry and Jungkook looks back at her go. I stop on my tracks as he runs after Lisa.

“Lisa! Wait for me!” he shouted as he walks past me.

All I could do was stare at him. He was so close. I was this close to talking to him. But he didn’t even look at me. Maybe he didn’t even notice me. Now all my efforts have gone to waste. It’s such a shame.

I sigh hard as I walk back to the counter. Yoongi is staring at me, I sure look like a fool. Maybe he’s laughing at me from the inside but he wasn’t.

“Are you crushing on that guy?” he asked me seriously.

I wide eyed lift my head up, looking back at him, “Am I too obvious?”

“You should be dead by now,” he said but doesn’t even laugh. “And that guy doesn’t even care. Why go after him?”

“I don’t know myself, it’s frustrating,” I look down on myself.

“My girl friend used to stalk me before.”

So he’s actually trying to cheer me up with this? “Are you kidding me?” I look at him indifferently.

“I’m telling you an example so don’t give up. Well, it doesn’t sound so convincing coming from me though.” He just smirks. “I know I’m ugly.”

“You’re not ugly sunbae.”

“And so are you, so why not look for another guy?”

It’s actually the first time a guy has told me I’m not ugly. It’s not as if he told me I’m beautiful though, but still. And what's with him telling me to find another guy and encouraging me not to give up at the same time? He's such a confusing human being.

“I'm not really sure what you want me to do but thanks sunbae.”

“Just a piece of advice from your sunbae.”

“Hm.”

I still feel down though. It was almost possible. I was almost there. But then it didn’t push through. I don’t really have luck on my side don’t I? Better luck next time to me.

%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%

To be continued…

A/N:

Suga is here! 😎 and he's here to stay. 😊

I personally like Yoongi's personality. It's the closest to mine. 😏

Read and vote guys. 😘

- nantokanarusa 12.04.18