- 13 -

%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%

With me practicing with Jungkook almost every day for the last two weeks, many girls start visiting the café cuz of me. They eventually found out that I’m working part time there and they usually just watch me and don’t even order anything. I can feel their sharp stares always directed at me and I know they’re simply there to bully me.

But since they’re not ordering anything, it’s always Yoongi who would tell those girls off who only sat there for hours, spying on me. I’m thankful my sunbae is protective of me. He understands me all too well. And without me asking him, he's always one step ahead to help.

“I’m really pissed off right now y/n. I'll drag them out if I have to," Yoongi complained at me.

"I'm sorry sunbae. Please bear with it. It'll be over in two weeks, I swear," I tried to calm him down.

"What's so good about that guy anyways?"

"Should I answer that for you?"

He just hisses rolling his eyes on me and walks on to brewing an order.

I feel embarrassed for causing this situation for sunbae but it's not my fault right? These girls are just overbearingly fanatic about Jungkook. And I can't really blame them. I was just luckier than all of them after all.

%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%

Even in class, there seems to be an invisible tension between me and most of the girls. But I just brush them all off. They're not hurting me in any way, so maybe I just don't have to pay them any attention.

Jungkook will still sit with me when he feels like it, arguing with me with petty things just for the heck of it. Like today, he’s picking on my shoulder bag.

“How can you carry this stuff? It looks like a waste basket.”

I really want to spank him hard right now and make his gorgeous face bleed. I don’t know why he has the guts to talk shit to me face to face like this. Does he think I’m immune to all this? I’m still hurt even if it’s true. Especially cuz it’s coming from him.

“Is this why you like hanging around me? So you can have your own bashing target?” My face hardens glaring at him, I’m really annoyed and I’m not kidding.

He just chuckles at me, how kind! But he takes it all back the next second, “I’m sorry. You just look funny when you’re mad. And the way your nostrils flare up, it’s amazing. How do you do that?” He chuckles even more.

All of my anger banishes, all replaced by embarrassment. How can he stir me up and turn me upside down in an instant? I feel so little by not being hard enough when I mean to. It’s all thanks to the sound of his laugh, it’s really become one of my weaknesses.

"My nostrils don't flare up," I murmured, feeling shy about it.

"I was just joking. Come on, you're always too stiff. Loosen up a little. Can't you even be friendly with me? I'm Jeon Jungkook, your friendly neighborhood guy."

"No you're not spider man."

"I'm anpanman."

I don't know why but I find his serious expression now funny, that I can’t hold out a giggle, looking at his face.

"Right there. Smile y/n. It will make you live longer."

Why's he acting friendly with me again? I'm really losing it.

"And smiling makes your face more attractive."

This smooth talker! I'm not being swayed! Not that I haven't been yet. I can feel my face heating up so I try to turn away from him.

"Are you blushing? You're blushing right?"

He's enjoying my humiliation. I really have no chance against him. I cup my face as he shoves in to check if he's right with that ridiculous grin on his face. This monkey! Ugh... I'm a lost cause. No matter what I do, I'm really in love with him and deep inside, I’m actually loving all of this.

I know more eyes are keen on us every time he's with me but I couldn’t care less about them. Jungkook is wasting his time on me and they can do nothing about it. They can die from envy, but this is my moment. And they can't take it away from me.

%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%

Today, a large group of girls enter the café on my shift. It’s hard for me not to think that they’re not here to harass me cuz they’re all glancing and gazing at me the moment they came in. I’m still busy serving some customers so Yoongi walks out of his post to get the girls’ order, saving me the hassle. He’s sharp, he knew those girls were after me at first glance.

I walk back to the counter as Yoongi approaches. “Help me prepare 10 glasses of banana milk frappe y/n.”

“Ye…”

Banana milk frappe. They’re to try Jungkook’s favourite drink too. These girls are fanatics. I can hear them make noises in the background but I ignore it. I’ll leave it to Yoongi to kick them all out when he needs to.

10 banana milk frappe, ready to be served after 20 minutes. I carry the 5 glasses on a tray to the customers’ table, Yoongi just walking a few meters behind me, also carrying the 5 other glasses.

But as I deliver the drinks carefully, I don’t know how it happened, when I suddenly trip myself. Someone’s foot is surprisingly spread across the way, with all the intention to hurt me.

“y/n!” I heard Yoongi from behind but of course, he couldn’t help, he’s carrying a load himself.

Losing my balance, I almost fall on the ground if not for the guy who just comes in rushing in to my front to catch me. But the impact is kinda hard so he falls on his back too, as I trample all over him, with all the frappes scattered on the ground and all over our clothes. I hit my chest onto his as he supports me, holding my arms. For whatever reason, he’s trying his best not to get me hurt.

I hear all those girls shriek and scream at what happened but more to the person who just helped me.

“I’m sorry!” I quickly apologized to the guy as I pick myself up, even though he’s still holding me tightly in his arms. The feeling of his touch is quite familiar so I immediately look over the person before me when I gently straddle him.

And I just feel even more flustered of the situation, because it’s actually Jungkook in front of me now. His expression just made my heart race cuz he’s looking at me with an anxious face I’ve never seen before.

%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%

To be continued…

- nantokanarusa 19.01.29