- 14 -

%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%

“Are you alright?” Jungkook asked me, not minding himself.

“I’m fine. Thank you.” That’s all I could say.

I notice I’m still straddling him so I quickly get up at the same time Yoongi comes over to help me by pulling me up. Jungkook helps himself up and stands up completely sticky and soaked in the frappes. I have cream on my uniform too, but his clothes are totally ruined.

"You two, just get to the locker room and change. Let me take care of this," Yoongi told us off.

"I'll help you clean up, sunbae-"

"Just go y/n."

He means it when he says it so I just obliged. I pull Jungkook by the sleeve motioning for him to follow me and he obeys without question. I'm kinda worried about what Yoongi will do to the girls though. Hope it doesn't get out of hand.

%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%

Jungkook and I end up in the locker room, but we can still hear what Yoongi tells the girls. He threatens them by calling the police and they all talked back but Yoongi is always one step ahead of them all. Eventually, when they cannot take Yoongi’s threats anymore, knowing by heart that they are nothing but bunnies ganging up on a tiger, the girls disperse and leave the café.

After about a minute, Yoongi walks in on us, sitting there still flushed about the situation, and is kind enough to lend Jungkook a pair of clothes. I get to change into my regular clothes and still work my shift cuz it's not lunch time yet.

“You two, hurry up and y/n help me here quick,” Yoongi told us before leaving us again.

“The shower’s over there. You go ahead, I’ll just wash up after you,” I told Jungkook, pointing to the right.

He’s staring at me, still with worried eyes. “Have this happened before?”

“No, it’s the first time.”

“Since when have those girls been coming here?”

“Just last week I guess. It hasn’t been long. Don’t think about it, sunbae will take care of everything. He doesn’t like rowdy customers most. I’m sure he won’t give a damn telling them off if they ever come back.” I snort, thinking about it.

But he suddenly towers over me and inspects my arms by grabbing them softly, “Are you sure you weren’t hurt? That was a hard fall.”

With the loud beating of my heart, I quickly jerk away from him. He’s acting strangely keen about this mess, I kinda feel uncomfortable about being this close to him, in a nice thrilling way though. “It’s okay. I’m fine, you don’t need to check on me.”

But he cups my face with both hands, brushes all my hair back and tilts it up to face him. I’m just speechlessly shocked. His face is close to mine, he’s breathing on me. But after a few seconds, he finally lets go and massages his wrist. Despite having been blown away again by his unprecedented gestures, I notice his wrist is hurt.

“You hurt your wrist?” I look up to him, this time, I’m the one worried about him.

“It’s fine. This will go in a while.” He jerks like it’s not big deal, displaying his cool self.

“Let’s have it checked later, I’ll come with you. I’ll pay for the check up.”

He glances at me with an amused smirk and just pinches my cheek with the other hand it hurts. “What?” I told him, my face in a stretch.

“Okay, let’s go later, but I’ll pay okay?”

“But—“

“No buts or I won’t go.”

“Okay…”

He walks to the shower to change as I massage my cheek. He’s getting used to doing that, doesn’t he know it hurts? My cheek feels a little swollen now. Jeon Jungkook, why did you have to rush in to help me? Now you’re hurt and I’m responsible for it. I'm getting anxious and it can’t help but think about it. Hope it’s nothing major.

%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%

We visit a nearby clinic for his check up after my shift. Gladly, it isn't anything bad. He just have to rest the wrist for some time since it’s only a simple contusion.

I sigh in relief as we walk out of the clinic. "Thank goodness."

"You're relieved." He said nonchalantly.

"Of course! Who'd want you to get hurt? Not after helping me. And you shouldn't have done that in the first place."

"If I didn't run to you, you could've hit your face on the floor. You could've broken your nose or something, imagine how'd that felt? I just saved you from further fracture and pain. You're welcome."

"I said thank you okay? But still you could've just let me deal with it myself. I don't wanna owe anybody."

"Is that how you take me for? I'm not doing anything for anyone just for favours. You're offending me."

He's sulking like a 5 year old and seems sincere so I take my words back. I don't wanna hurt him. Maybe he really did that to save me out of his own volition.

"Are you mad? Okay, I’m sorry. Thank you really."

"You should be."

"I am, so forgive me?"

"If you're so sorry, then why don't you spend the day tomorrow with me and treat me all day?"

"What? Treat you all day?"

"Okay, maybe that's overboard, lunch would be fine."

"I’m sorry, but I can't treat you anything no matter how many times you ask. All I can give back to you is 'Thank you'. I'm broke af, you can laugh your ass out at me."

"And why would I do that? Fine, I’ll treat you then."

"Wait. Isn't it because I’m sorry that I should treat you?"

"Yeah, but since you're broke af, I’ll do it. You'll just have to be with me all day tomorrow. I'll pick you up at your place."

"Wait, what?"

"See yah." He winks at me and walks out on me just like that.

"Jeon Jungkook!" but he doesn't look back at me anymore.

I sigh. Did he just ask me on a date? NO WAY.

%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%

To be continued…

-  nantokanarusa 19.02.05