- 11 -

%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%

I just got out of my apartment to start the day. It's another shift in the café, and with the uniform on, I step out of the front gate only to almost go back in cuz of someone. Jungkook is standing at the side of the street where I’m about to pass. And he seems like waiting for someone. Does his friend live somewhere near here? Cuz it’s the first time I’ve seen him around the area. He's not waiting for me isn't he? Of course not, that's the most impossible thing ever.

I peek at my watch and it's 7am. I can't be late so I try to walk past him, avoiding his gaze, pretending not to see him. I don't know why it's awkward. I'm just embarrassed to greet him early in the morning. But why?? I slap myself inside. Just act normal y/n! And you actually have the audacity to ignore Jeon Jungkook? Who do you think you are? I just beat myself inside.

"So you really live in there," he said as I passed him.

I can't act like I didn't hear him though. So I slow down walking as he walks behind me. "Did you come here just to prove your point?"

So he's really here for me?  Now what? Well, he's here to mock me for sure. Wasting his time all the way here just to annoy me, that's extreme dedication. Slow clap, clap, clap. Way to go.

"Nope. I knew I’m right all along. So you just walk to the cafe every morning."

"I do. You're not blind aren't you?" Just why is he here right now? I'm lying if I say I don't like seeing him, but this is out of the ordinary. I've been so used to being alone all the time and him showing up like this is really stressing me out. Can't he let me in peace? All I wanted was a little attention. So please let me live.

He's been walking behind me for a time now and why do I feel like he's staring at me? Somewhere down below for exact? And when I turn around, I almost caught him, looking at my butt before he turns away. I can't believe it. Omg. This handsome man is just a pervert.

"Stop staring!" I told him.

"Alright! I'm not looking, chill." He scratches the back of his head and looks away.

But that made me blush for moment. Does he find my body interesting? This body of mine, this straight pole, without curves. Is it even interesting to look at? I doubt that’s a reason. Maybe I have something on my back that he’s laughing about inside. I’ll just check later.

He now stands beside me as we approach the café.

"Why did you come here anyways?" I asked him finally.

"Isn't it obvious? I told you I like hanging around you now." He said so casually.

"So early in the morning? At this time, a young master like you is supposed to be having breakfast at the mansion."

"Sadly, I’ll be having breakfast at the cafe you're working at."

"Don't you have better things to do?"

"Doing this is the better thing to do y/n."

For a split second, there’s a hint of something in his eyes. I don't know what it is. But there's something in his eyes that tells me he's not what he seems like in this early morning. It feels like he's keeping it all in himself. And those sad eyes are telling me, he's actually… lonely.

%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%

We reach the cafe and it's still 15minutes till the opening hour so Jungkook has to wait outside for sometime. He stands there with his hands in his pockets as I walk in the backdoor, Yoongi already inside the locker room.

"You came with that boy?" he asked me.

"Ah yeah, he just showed up near my apartment without notice," i replied.

"Isn't that a big leap for you? He's actually courting you now."

"He's not--"

"He is, trust me." Yoongi just pats me on the shoulder before walking out of the locker room.

I just sigh. I really wish he is. But I’m bothered by that sadness in his eyes. He looks proud and gorgeous all the time but those eyes that twinkle like the stars are surely hiding something. All I want is to do something to help him ease that sorrow. What's hurting you Jungkook? I wish you could tell me so I can do what I can to help. I just don't wanna see those sad eyes again. Please, allow me to comfort you.

%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%

I watch him from my seat as he talk trash with his so called friends. He's acting like the usual him, the bright, popular, talented Jungkook everyone knows. But this morning's event is still running through my head. Does anyone really know what he's going through? He said I didn't know anything about him. And he said all people are hypocrites. Does he have somebody to talk to? Is he any different from me? Why do I feel like, despite all those people around him, he's lonely, just like me? I know I’m no one for you and you can't probably trust me yet, but I’m sincerely here for you and I can listen. Just let me know. Just tell me to.

After a while, you start studying for class and between those times you aren't looking, Jungkook gives you a couple of glances without being obvious. He's concerned about you without even meaning to. And there's something about you that he really just cannot ignore.

%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%

To be continued...

A/N:

Jungkook looks hella meaty in last weekend's concert in Nagoya. 😁

Looks like he's eating well. 😊

Good for him. 🤗

Hope you liked the short chap. 😘

- nantokanarusa 19.01.15