- 8 -

%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%

“Sunbae,” I take the courage to face him at lunch, right before timing out. I cannot let him do what he wants. And if he wants to get Jungkook involved, I will not allow it.

He stares back at me with uninterested eyes in the locker room. I have this fierce look on my face staring back at him. He will not intimidate me ever again.

But as much as I wanted to hold my ground, when he hovers over me, I suddenly feel weak and helpless. Ahh… I’m intimidated after all. I know my face gives it all away. Just then, he lifts his hand up and flicks my forehead with his middle finger, hard.

“Aww…” I flinch in pain as I shut my eyes tight. “What was that for?!” I whined at him.

He just smirks at me, like he usually does. I’m a bit relieved that the old Yoongi is back and then he said, “It was a joke! I got you there didn’t I?” Then he laughs evilly.

“What?” I almost wanted to smack him hard. After getting me all fired up thinking about it, now he admits it’s all just a prank? "How nice of you."

He stops laughing and asks me, "So you're finally making progress. That boy sure got a thing for you."

"I'm not sure what you're talking about. I'm leaving. And don't pull that prank on me again."

He just smiles at me then I walk out of the place. At least everything's clear now. I can focus on Jungkook more than ever before. Why did he have to do that in the first place?

%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%

Days pass by

Literature class. It's book time and we have to submit a synopsis of a book at the sound of the bell.

Jungkook's sitting next to me again. I don't know why he started doing so. We still practice from time to time but he will always sit with me in this class. And I just want to hide every time cuz all these girls are sure talking behind my back.

His eyes are on the notes I’m writing, I can see it at the corner of my eyes.

"Your handwriting is nice," he said.

"Thanks." I didn't want to be rude.

"And you have nice fingers."

"No, I personally think they're not."

He pauses for a while but he's now staring at me. And what I hear next totally surprised me.

"Have I told you you're pretty? You're not the type who turns heads at first sight. You're the type who gets pretty the more you're stared at."

That was totally uncalled for. I'm sure I’m beet red on the face right now. And he's still staring at me, omg. I can't even lift my head to face him.

He continues, "And if you wear a dress on the program, I know everyone will acknowledge that."

But I sternly reply, still not facing him, "I don't need to be acknowledged though."

"Why don't you doll up once in a while? You look good with the café uniform."

Is he really complimenting me? "I don't have any reason to. And that uniform is simply a requirement."

He pauses again and sighs. "You're really difficult aren't you?"

I can now look up to him this time, crossing my eyebrows. "I'm just being myself, sorry. You're free to talk to someone else."

He lets out a frustrated sigh with an unsatisfied smirk. "Ugh... It's making me crazy."

"What's making you crazy?" I don't understand why he's being moody today. Is this how he usually is?

"You're such a drag."

Is he trying to start a fight with me? "Are you annoyed at me for something?"

He rolls his eyes. "It's because you're being such a nerd."

"Have you only realized that now?" Alright, I really don’t understand him right now.

"Why do you always have answers to everything?"

Now I feel like I really have to talk back at him. He’s really being petty and I want to annoy him, "Because I have a mind?"

"Huh! Okay then, let's try it. Try me."

"Try what?"

"Try to read my mind."

"How can I even do that?"

"Thought you could think of anything? Try me."

"Of all people, it's hard for me to read you."

"So you actually have that talent of reading people? Wow, I’m amazed."

"I observe people all the time. It just became a habit."

"And why can't you read me?"

"I don't know. You're popular, almost everyone knows you in the campus. Maybe I’m blinded by that."

"So you couldn't see through my personality."

"I guess."

"Here I thought you could tell what's wrong with me." A hint of frustration showing on his gorgeous face.

"Is there a problem?"

"Haven't heard that in a while."

"I could listen if you want."

"Never mind."

He grabs his bag and walks out on me. What the heck did we just talk about? It was so random but so diverse at the same time. I really wish I could keep talking to him like that. But what's with him really? And what's that hint of sadness in his eyes? Jungkook, what are you trying to tell me?

%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%^^%

To be continued...

- nantokanarusa 19.01.01