Chapter One: Nope, Because I'm Human

CHAPTER ONE | NOPE, BECAUSE I'M HUMAN

  ♕  

I slammed the locker shut, and turned around to see my best friend looking at me with her big blue eyes.

"What is it, Bella?" I asked and she shrugged. I rolled my eyes but still kept a smile on my face.

"You know what happened to The Famous Brothers?" She asked as I leaned against the lockers. I shook my head, but I didn't really want to know.

"They got caught for doing drugs and went to jail," she explained and I shrugged.

"Who really cares?" I asked and she frowned.

"Duh, everyone," she said and I held back an annoyed eye roll.

I really don't like gossiping about other people, especially when we don't even know them that well. For all we know is that they're doing this for a good reason.

Suddenly Bella's phone pinged and she pulled it out and read the text, "Hey, my brother is here to pick me up. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

I nodded and gave her a hug, "I'll see you tomorrow."

She waved and started walking away to the doors. I sighed and pulled out my phone to text my dad to come to get me.

Before I forget, hi my name is Norah. I'm 16 and a sophomore. I have one best friend, who you all know as Bella. We've been best friends for as long as I can remember. My dad is the best, he does everything for me and I love him with all my heart. Currently, he's working two jobs just to maintain ourselves. My mom... we'll talk about her later.

I walked outside to wait for my dad there, so as I did I heard a yell. I whipped around and looked around frantically. Me being the curious idiot I am, I walked to where the yell came from and it didn't take long for the yell to continue. It leads to the side of the school, so I hid behind the corner to watch what was happening.

I gasped quietly as I saw the scene unfold. It was four of the Carries brothers looking as scary as ever. That wasn't it though, Avery Carries had a guy pushed up against the wall, holding his collar and wearing a deadly expression on his face. The poor guy's face had multiple bruises, black eyes, and a bleeding nose. Avery raised his fist into the air, about to punch him again until I did the stupidest thing I could have ever imagined doing.

"Stop!" I shouted at him, and all of them whipped their heads in my direction. I gulped and walked to them, as they glared at me. "Let him go."

"Y-you're just making it worse!" The guys spat out and, apparently, Avery loosened his grip because the guy ran away lightning fast.

"Damn it! You made that guy run away!" Elijah exclaimed and I jumped a little.

You're probably wondering how I know these guys, well I don't. Apparently, people have nothing better to do other than gossip about the Famous Brothers, which are the six brothers that go to school this school. Only four go, but the other two dropped out of college, which is really weird about how people even know them when they don't even go here.

"Why the hell did you do that?" Emmet asked annoyed, glaring at me. I cleared my throat, hoping I wouldn't crack it while saying this sentence.

"Because whatever you tried doing there, it's rude, " I told them confidently. They all rolled their eyes and Cayden scoffed.

"What are you, eight years old?" He taunted and I shook my head.

"Nope. I'm human, " I said and they stopped short and just stared at me with an unsettling gaze. I gulped as their gazes got more intense.

"Cya, " I said suddenly beginning to walk away, but I felt a hand grab my arm. Before I could retaliate, I was shoved up against the wall, with my arms pinned above my head.

"Listen here lady, " it was Avery, "don't try to act like you're better than us. We are and we'll always be. You're nothing and we're something, so just shut up and get out of here. So don't ever think you can mess with us, " he whispered with a grim look on his face. I gulped and slowly nodded.

"Dude, let her go now, I think she understands, " Cayden said putting his hand on his brother's arm. He let me go and I instantly massaged my wrists, and soon enough my phone began to ring. I picked up my backpack and pulled out my phone, watching the four carefully.

"Hello?" I answered and for some reason, the four didn't leave, instead, they just watched me.

"Hey, sweetheart. I'm waiting for you outside so just come out when you're ready, " my dad said and I nodded but then realized he couldn't see me.

"Sure thing dad. I'll be out in a minute, " I said and he replied with a 'see you soon' and hung up. I sighed and furrowed my eyebrows to see the four still staring at me.

"What?" I asked, getting all cautious. They finally snapped out of it and turned the stare to glares.

"Nothing, let's go, guys, " Elijah said and nudged Emmet who followed Elijah and slowly Avery and Cayden followed soon too.

I shook my head and walked to the front of the school to see my dad's car waiting out there for me. He smiled when he saw me and gave me a big hug.

"Hey angel, " he greeted and I grinned and hugged him back. After the greetings, we both got in the car, and for some odd reason, my dad looked nervous.

"Dad, you okay?" I tentatively and he snapped his head at me. He smiled sheepishly and shook his head.

"I might have some news, " he said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What kind of news?" I asked curiously and he shrugged.

"I guess you could say it depends how you react, " he said and I nodded slowly.

He took a breath in, "I'm getting married."

I widen my eyes and the first thing I do is give him a big hug. Well tried to at least, since we're sitting opposite from each other it was an awkward side hug.

"I'm so proud of you dad!" I said trying to hold back the tears, but I heard him sniffle. I pulled back and wiped away his tears, and gave him a warm smile.

"Why are you nervous about that?" I asked him and he immediately frowned.

"Your mother, " he said quietly and I rolled my eyes, not at him though, just at her.

"Dad, she's not my mom nor your wife. She killed-, " I took in a sharp breath, "-him. She also cheated on you too. So don't you dare try to defend her. I'm sure the new woman you chose is a lovely lady, " I told him and he grinned.

"Thanks, Norah baby, " he said and I hugged him once again.

Can't wait to meet my new stepmom.

◾◾◾

◾E D I T E D◾

A/N: Hey! Did you all enjoy? I think it came out pretty decent. 😂

So you've met all the characters, which one do you like the best? I love how Norah turned out, and her dad too.

Tell me some suggestions for the next chapter, I love reading all of them!

That's it for this chapter. See you all later! 🖤

▪️COMMENT▪️VOTE▪️FOLLOW▪️