Chapter Eighteen: What An Odd Name

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN | WHAT AN ODD NAME

"Why though?" I asked him, unsure of this whole idea.

"You're going to look like a whole different person. I guarantee it," Adam explained. I stare at him, for what seems like an hour. I see he starts getting uncomfortable so I sighed and shake my head.

"You're supposed to love who you are. Not change yourself, no matter what people say," I replied. He looked exasperated and looked as if he wanted to choke me.

"Okay. How about this? We invite those three dudes you hang out with. They're going to see the new outfits you chose and let's see if they literally choke on their spit. I swear, they're going to do a double take when they see you," Adam told me.

Adam and I are outside. He came to my house and rang on my doorbell, it's obviously the weekend. Did I mention that Adam is my neighbour? Well, he is. Now, he came to my door and told me that I'm too plain. What great person, he is. The clothes I wear are apparently too... boring. He thinks that this is a great idea because he wants to 'help' me.

I sigh, "Let's do it."

He looked taken aback but then grinned, "Great. Call those friends of yours while I go get my car."

He ran back to his house while I rolled my eyes.

I already regret this.

I went back inside and stood in front of the TV, crossing my arms and blocking West and Theo's view. They groaned and glared at me.

"What the hell do you want Norah?" West asked, already angry.

I shrug, "I'm going to the mall with some friends-,"

"Boy friends?"

I stopped and nodded, he scoffed. "Why can't you have normal girlfriends? Of course, they have to be guys!"

I rolled my eyes and looked at him for an answer.

"You can go."

West glared at Theo while I grabbed his hand and engulfed him into a hug. He patted my back awkwardly and pulled back. He looked like he wanted to die, which is a little offending, but I ignored it. I ran upstairs to get my phone and called Ethan.

"Hello?"

"Yo Ethan. Adam and I are coming to your house, okay? Bye."

I ended the call and called Carter.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Carter. Adam and I are coming to your house okay? Bye."

I hung up and called Jaxon.

"This is Jaxon speaking, how may I help you?" He said in a weird accent, I paused for a minute before snapping out of it.

"Hello. Adam and I are coming to your house, okay? Bye."

I hung up and ran downstairs. I heard Adam honking is horn continuously. I rolled my eyes and quickly grabbed my backpack and put on my shoes.

"Bye!"

Nobody replied. I glared at West and Theo even though they can't see me and opened the door, before closing it. I ran to the car and got into the back seat.

"Why aren't you sitting in the passengers?" Adam asked. I scoffed and glared at him.

"Missing me?" I taunted. He clenched his jaw before looking ahead.

"Nevermind."

He started the car and we were off to Ethan's house first. I told Adam his address and we were just talking about stuff. I don't know what's up with Adam today, he has been 'nice' to me before, but not this nice. I mean, we live like right next to each other so sometimes we have hung out even though we hate each other. Our 'friendship' is kind of a like/hate friendship, does that make sense? Like, 10% of the time he's cool while 90% of the time he's annoying as hell. To be honest, I guess we just compete in school. We're just enemies in school but outside of school, we're pretty chill with each other.

We finally arrived at Ethan's house. I told Adam to wait in the car and as I was about to knock on the door, it swung open, making me stumble back in surprise. There stood Jaxon with a proud grin on his face.

"What are you doing in Ethan's house?" I asked, slowly. He laughed and pulled me inside, I looked around and saw Ethan and Carter leaning against the couch, staring at us.

"So you were the one who called us," Ethan said, nonchalantly. I cracked a nervous grin, bowing slightly and pretending to tip my hat.

"Surprise."

Carter chuckled.

"Yo Ethan! Where the flip did you put my damn phone?!" A person shouted. I flinched and looked up to see a kid, around thirteen or fourteen, looking as mad as ever.

"How the hell am I supposed to know?" Ethan snapped back.

The kid glared at Ethan as Jaxon shook his head and swung an arm over the kids' shoulder. He looked as if he wanted to die.

"Get the hell off Jax!" He shouted, once again. He successfully shoved him off as Jaxon looked at him with disbelief.

"Why are you so damn strong, boy?" He asked.

"Because-,"

He stopped short once he saw me. He stared at me for what seemed like a freaking year. His blue eyes piercing into mine. Finally, he smirked.

"Who's that?"

"I'm Norah," I said, smiling. He snorted as he rolled his eyes.

"What an odd name," he told me. Ethan grabbed his arm as I widen my eyes at the action.

"Shut up and go to your room."

"You're not my dad!" He suddenly screamed and jerked away from his hold.

"Ethan! Don't grab his arm like that," I told Ethan. The kid glanced at me before pointing his finger in my direction.

"Try listening to her."

He stomped out of the room as the room filled with silence.

The car suddenly honked as we all jumped and ran out of the house and into the car.

What an interesting kid.

◾◾◾

▪E D I T E D▪

A/N: Huh, wanna guess Ethan's brother's name? I mean, all of you probably know it's Ethan's brother.

Pretty sure he's going through that teenager faze, or maybe it's something else? ;)

Sorry for the short chapter. I wanted to post Stepbrothers Don't Love and Big Brothers in one day.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading! ♛

▪COMMENT▪VOTE▪FOLLOW▪