Chapter Twenty-Three: Found A Replacement For Landon?

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE | FOUND A REPLACEMENT FOR LANDON?

▪♛▪

"So that's what happened," Jaxon said, nodding.

I also nodded my head, looking down at my shoes. Right now, I just explained everything to the boys about what happened in the classroom. I'm not mad at them anymore, I mean, I can't be mad at them really. We were currently outside of school still, it's lunch because when I got out here and met the boys the bell rung and I didn't want to skip so I ran back inside the building without a glance. Now, Ethan texted me and said they'd be waiting outside for me at lunch.

"That's horrible. A teacher doesn't have the right to do that," Carter said irritated. I gave them a weak smile.

"It's okay guys, I mean, it's in the past now. Let's just forget this. Wanna go for lunch?" I asked them, smirking. They all laughed and went inside, but, we had a little company stop us.

"Move it, Adam's apple," Jaxon said, snickering. I couldn't help but snort at that.

Adam rolled his eyes and looked at me, "Can I talk to you?"

"No," the guys said unison.

"Norah's not allowed to talk to anyone related to Mr. Douchebag, aka your father," Carter explained while glaring at Adam.

Adam rolled his eyes and ran his hand through his hair, "Look, Norah, I'm sorry for what my dad did. I didn't know he was going to do it! I should have stopped him doing it and I didn't know you were going to cry either, so, I'll try to ask my dad in apologizing to you. But even if he doesn't apologize, I will."

I thought about it and shrugged, "Thanks, Adam. Really means a lot coming from you."

Then, he smiled. Which is very odd for him to do, and for some reason, it made me frown. That smile is way too familiar to Alex's smile. My eyes trailed down to the ground as I gulped.

"Let's go now," I said mumbled, shoving through them. We all entered the cafeteria, Jaxon shoving through us, into the line, followed by all of us.

Once we all got our lunches, we all made our way to my table. I sat down and looked over at the table next to us, and it had Landon with girls and boys. I dropped my jaw to see him with a girl on his freaking lap.

I quickly whipped my head around, only to be surprised with Adam sitting with us, "Dude, why are you sitting with us? I thought you hated Norah."

"Oh, I do," he replied as I rolled my eyes, "but my other friends are not here, so I decided to sit with you guys."

"Sure," Carter muttered. As we all started eating, the guys and I talked about football and how it was going to be awesome today. It got ruined by a certain someone.

"Norah," a voice said from behind me. I spun around to only mentally groan.

"What is it, Avery?" I asked him annoyed, he smirked and glanced over his shoulder.

"Found a replacement for Landon?" He asked, with a mischievous expression on his face. I scoffed and looked behind him.

"As a matter of fact, I did," I mumbled. Landon turned around and we both made eye contact and I just couldn't stop staring. Finally, I blinked and turned back to Avery who wasn't even there anymore.

He stole my food.

I turned to look at him and my other stepbrothers, sticking their tounges out childishly. I smiled and went back to talking to the guys.

"You don't even want to try this food, it's disgusting," Adam said, pushing his tray away. I raised an eyebrow and laughed.

"The lunch ladies are always nice to me though, and Avery knew that," I explained.

Before Ethan could say anything, somebody grabbed Adam's arm and pulled him up. We all looked up to see Mr. Evans glaring at Adam as I rolled my eyes.

"Why are having lunch with her?" Mr. Evans spat out, looking right at me with pure hatred in his eyes. I have always wondered what I did to make him hate me this much. I try not to think about it too much, but I can't help it. It's like he's bullying me, which is weird since he's my teacher.

"Dad, why do you care who I hang out with?" Adam said, angrily. The guys, Mr. Evans and I dropped our jaw. I can't believe he just stood up to his dad, he's never done that before believe it or not, for that matter, he just stood up for me.

"Son, I just want you to have good friends," Mr. Evans assured him, resting his hand on Adam's shoulder. Adam stared at Mr. Evans hand for a long time, before shrugging it off.

"You can't control my life anymore," Adam stated.

The tension was so freaking thick, it got even more awkward. The cafeteria was gladly not listening to this and for once minding their business, it's just awkward around us.

Finally, Mr. Evans looked at me, "Thanks for influencing my son, now he would never-,"

"No dad, this isn't Norah's fault! It's yours! You didn't even come to say sorry, you just came over here to tell me that I shouldn't hang out with her! Well, dad, believe it or not, but I like hanging out with them!"

The guys and I made eye contact and smiled and so did they. I can't believe Adam is saying this, for years we've hated each other for some unknown reason. Now, he's saying that he likes hanging out with us, and he's saying this to his dad. What a miracle!

Mr. Evans was silent, before, he slowly nodded, turning around and walking out of the cafe. That's when the bell rang and everyone left the cafeteria too. We stayed behind, until Adam smiled and walked out too, us trailing behind.

I guess people can change.

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▌ 𝔄𝔟𝔬𝔲𝔱 𝔐𝔢 ▌ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁

▪E D I T E D▪

A/N: Oh man, Adam is changing! What do you guys think about that? He finally stood up to his dad and apparently, Adam thinks Mr. Evans controls his life. Do you agree?

Let's talk about Landon. He's also changing, does this mean Landon and Norah are friends, or not? I mean, I know a lot of people liked Landon in the beginning but don't worry, nothing bad is going to happen to him.

Did you guys forget about Bella? Because I know I haven't. I can't really give out too much information on her but, let's just say, it might be coming soon. ;)

Oh, and Alex. If you guys don't remember Alex, I suggest go back to Chapter Seven: I Thought You Hated Me. That's when Norah talks about Alex, but if you're too lazy, then Alex is Norah's dead brother.

Comment down below your thoughts on the three guys!

Thanks for reading! ♛

▪COMMENT▪VOTE▪FOLLOW▪