Chapter Nineteen: The Beast Is Hungry

A/N: Norah's outfit (that she tried at the mall) up above!

CHAPTER NINETEEN | THE BEAST IS HUNGRY

▪♛▪

"Oh, well if it isn't Norah's boyfriend, huh?" Jaxon taunted, we were at the red light so, Adam turned around and pushed Jaxon's face back with his hand.

Jaxon groaned, "Someone didn't wake up on the right side of the bed."

I laughed at him. Ethan turned around from the passenger's seat and looked at the three of us, more specifically, me.

"Where are we going anyways?" He asked, with a raised eyebrow.

"Why don't you ask Mr. Grumpy over there?" I said, pointing at Adam. I saw him scowl into the rearview mirror.

He sighed as he kept his eyes on the road, "I decided to give Norah a little makeover."

The guys looked confused so he continued, "She's way too boring and plain. She's got to up her sense of style, she doesn't even wear any freaking makeup,-"

"Nothing's wrong with that," Carter said without missing a beat. I couldn't help but smile quietly to myself as all three of them glared at Jaxon, who couldn't glare back since he was driving the car.

"So what you're saying," Ethan began slowly, "you literally want to change Norah as a person? That's messed up, dude! Why would you agree?"

Now all three of them were staring at me. I gulped, "Well, I wanted to see myself a little differently. It would be cool just trying on other types of clothing, and an improvement on my sense of clothing."

I looked down at myself and frowned. I have a plain black shirt (that I secretly stole from Cayden's room) and dark blue skinny jeans. I actually like the look I'm in, it's cute, to be honest. So, why does Adam want to change it so badly?

My whole life I didn't really care about other people. I was always an independent person, so that's why I kind of been not caring about what I wear. People never really noticed me, usually, when they did, they would make fun of my clothing. I didn't mind, I just ignored them because I liked my clothes and I don't care what other people think about me. I mean, I never dressed to impress a boy because, believe it or not, I have not been on a date before. There were some guys I liked, but I always chickened out since I thought I would mess up everything.

Carter sighed and ran his hand through his hair, "You should love you for who you are. Don't care about what other people say, Norah. Especially when it's an asshole saying it."

Adam rolled his eyes, "Norah should thank me. I'm helping her-,"

"Yeah, she's getting 'helped' by a monkey."

The three of us stared at Jaxon weirdly as the car became silent while Jaxon shrugged sheepishly.

"Why do you even talk?" Ethan asked him. Jaxon rolled his eyes.

"'Cause I'm human, duh."

Carter snorted, "Yeah, totally, human."

"What's that supposed to mean-,"

"We're here!" Adam exclaimed, halting the car to a stop. We all jerked forward as I hit Noah's seat with my head.

"Dude, you suck at driving!" Carter said, groaning. He rubbed at the spot he hit his head, as did I.

"Just be glad I didn't crash my baby. Now let's go!"

▪♛▪