Chapter Thirty-Six: What's The Fun In That West?

Alex Pettyfer as Xavier Paul (I don't think I mentioned this, but Xavier's age is 20). So, Norah liked a 20-year-old.

A/N: Just two quick questions, do you guys want Landon in some chapters to create drama?Second question: I asked on my feed if you want gang drama (as in Norah's stepbrothers' gang). A few people said yes, I just wanted to clarify on a chapter. Enjoy! :)

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX | WHAT'S THE FUN IN THAT WEST?

I pushed open the door, making the bells jingle above me. Xavier was cleaning the countertop, but since I came in, he looked up and grinned.

"Hey," I said nervously. He came over and hugged me.

"Good luck, no offence, but you'll need it. My boss is a tough nut to crack," he said, making me even more nervous.

"Gee, thanks," I said sarcastically. He smirked, pointing to the door at the back. It read out; Manager Only. It was right next to the door that read out; Staff Only.

I took in a breath, nodding at Xavier, before walking to the door. I was clutching my backpack strap, knocking on the door. A rough come in ordered through the door, I gulped, twisting the doorknob, before walking through.

There was the boss. He looked like he was in his late 30's, not to be creepy in any way, but he was handsome. He was furrowing his eyebrows at his desk, his eyes scanning papers. He had glasses on his face, that perfectly fit. He was wearing normal clothes, an apron over it. He finally looked up, his blue eyes contemplating into mine.

"Who are you?" His deep voice made me snap out of my thoughts, making me jump. I coughed, looking at the ground.

"I-I'm here for the new job. The person Xavier was talking about," I said. Why was I so scared? He's literally the most intimidating person I have seen, and I've met West!

He scoffed, motioning for the seat in front of him, "Well are you going to stand there, or are you going to sit down like a normal person?"

"Oh, m-my bad," I said, quickly rushing to my seat. I put my backpack on the floor beside me, before looking back at the boss, who was organizing his papers, before sticking his hand out, probably for me to shake.

"My name is Giovanni Rodriguez. What's your name hun?" He asked, his voice gruff.

"Norah Mayfair," I replied, shaking his large hand. His hand was gripped around my tiny hand very hard, as my arm bounced frantically.

"Love that name. Why don't we get started, you ready?" He asked as I nodded my head. "The first question, do you have any job experience?"

"No sir, this is my first," I said.

"How old are you Norah?"

"Sixteen," I said. He nodded, lifting his glasses up his head, and squinting his eyes at the papers.

"Can you tell me some things about yourself?" He asked.

"Well, I'm a freshman in high school. I personally see myself as a normal teenager, nothing different. I like to say I'm polite, I am really shy, but I do like being social as much as possible," I said, while he nodded his head the whole time.

"Alright. Why do you want to work here?" He asked, and this is where I got nervous. I don't know what to say, should I just say because I need money? Or do I lie?