Chapter Four: Pickles Or Tickles

CHAPTER FOUR | PICKLES OR TICKLES

  ♕  

We arrived at Vanessa's house in an hour. The truck driver helped us get out our stuff, and put them on the sidewalk. He nodded at us and left, dad and I looked at each other and smiled.

Dad went to go get Vanessa as I took me and dads suitcases and rolled them over to the front door. I grabbed some of the boxes and put them there too. I opened the door and entered myself, rolling in the suitcases. Vanessa appeared with dad beside her, she came and hugged me.

"Hey Norah, how are you?" She asked and I gave her a smile, which she returned.

"I'm fine. You?" I asked.

I'm great, sweetie. Why don't I help you with that? The boys are not here right now, so I can help," she said and we all got together and moved in the boxes and we got the suitcases upstairs. Vanessa showed me my new room, it's cute and simple. I might just decorate later.

I opened up my suitcase and took out all my clothes and started storing them in my closet. This is pretty big since there was a lot of people staying in it. Now, there's plus two more.

Once I was done, it pretty late. I went down the hall and opened up Vanessa bedroom, dad and Vanessa were there. They were both snoring away, sleeping peacefully. I smiled slightly and turned off the lights.

Closing the door, I walked downstairs. I went inside the kitchen and made myself some toast. I flopped down on the couch, as I turned on the TV.

I didn't realize but when I looked out the window, it was 10:00 pm and none of the boys came home yet. I started to get worried, even though we don't have a good friendship, they're still kind of my brothers.

Finally, the door opened and slammed. I jumped up and looked at who did it. West and Theo were there and they were staring right back at me. Suddenly, my eyes widen. They have bruises all over their faces and their knuckles were purple.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked tentatively. They rolled their eyes and disappeared into the kitchen. I raced to the kitchen and they were on the stools. I opened the freezer and took out some ice, put a paper towel over it and handed it to West, and I did the same with Theo.

Though, they both tsked and threw it away, "What is the matter with you two? I'm trying help!" I exclaimed angrily, and West turned to glare.

"We don't need your help," he said ruthlessly. I sighed and crossed my arms, while leaning on the kitchen counter.

"Where were you guys anyway?" I asked them, then suddenly Theo slammed his fist on the table. I winced and he heard but ignored it.

"Stop being so nosy! Why do you care?" He asked bitterly. I shook my head and scoffed.

"What do you think? We're going to be s-," I couldn't finish that since the door open and slammed hard.

I flinched and turned to see the other four with bruises all over their faces and knuckles. I looked at them with disbelief.

"Seriously?" I asked. Avery smirked and opened up the freezer and got ice out, he covered it with a paper towel and put it on his face. He hissed in pain.

"Why are you guys fighting people?" I asked annoyed. They also looked annoyed, but like on a different level.

"Do you ever shut up?" Emmet asked furiously and I pursed my lips.

"Not really," I replied sheepishly. Cayden scoffed but said nothing.

"Can you guys just tell me, we're going to be siblings soon, so we might as well care for each other," I said and they clenched their jaws.

"Look, " Avery began as the others glared at me, "we will never be siblings. You will never be our sister and we'll never be your brothers. Got it?"

I rolled my eyes, "Stop being so dramatic."

"Why can't you understand? You'll never be our sister and that's final!" West told me directly, glaring in my direction.

"Why are you guys so stubborn? I just want your trust!" I told them, my anger rising. "I-if you don't want me to be your sister, fine, I don't care."

Oh, but that isn't true. I will break all their walls, one by one. 

That was a lie.

For some reason, I felt a tear slip from my eyes. They did a double take and Elijah came up to me, deciding to whether or not to wipe them.

I tsked and shoved Elijah and wiped them by myself. If he ever said that to me, I would kill myself.

"Why the hell are you crying?" Emmet asked annoyed, I huffed and glared at him.

"No reason," I muttered and walked to my room.

There was obviously a reason though.

▪▪▪

The next day it was school. I like school, but you know, it's school. Does that make sense? I mean what I'm trying to say is that maybe if school started more earlier, then I would like school.

So put that aside, I woke up from my alarm. I don't have an alarm clock because people always complain about how annoying it is. So, I realized I don't need one and that I can just use my phone.

I go to the bathroom because personal hygiene is important. I do everything I need to do and go downstairs.

I scowl at Emmet and Elijah when I see them shirtless in the kitchen. I just lost my freaking appetite.

"Can you guys like, put on shirts?" I asked irritated. They turned and I widen my eyes to see they have pretty defined abs, but I cover it up with a cough and look straight at them, though they're looking at me with a smirk.

"Like what you see?" Emmet asked teasingly, I rolled my eyes and shoved past them. I opened up the freezer to get out some waffles.

"Have you guys eaten already?" I ask them and they scoff, but nonetheless, nod.

I decided to make waffles for Cayden and Avery since they do have a lot. By the time I'm done, they're awake and sitting on the kitchen counter.

I pour some syrup for Avery since he's the oldest and serve it for him. He watches me cautiously and pushes it out the way.

"Hey! I worked really hard to make that for you and Cayden!" I told him annoyed. He smirked and grabbed the waffle with his bare hand and slapped it on top of Cayden's head since his head was facing down.

I made an 'o' shape with my mouth from surprise and fear for Avery. His head shot up and he glared at me.

"What the flip, Norah!" He shouted furiously. I gulped and shook my head frantically.

"It was Avery, not me!" I said, my voice cracking a little. I cursed at myself for doing that, it was pretty embarrassing.

"What, me? How could you accuse me, Norah?" Avery said innocently, I shot him a glare that didn't seem to affect him at all.

I sighed and went back up to my room, pulled on a random t-shirt and some blue jeans. I ran back down stairs and as I was about to leave someone grabbed my arm and turned me around.

"Nobody can know that your dad proposed to my mom," Cayden said angrily. I rolled my eyes and yanked my arm out of his hold.

"Whatever."

◾️◾️◾️

A/N: HEY! Hope you all enjoyed and thanks for reading!

It's lunch right now and I don't want to ignore my friends, so bye!

▪️COMMENT▪️VOTE▪️FOLLOW▪️