Part 6: Time to Investigate...

(Kokichi's POV)

   So Rantaro was killed? Well that's a surprise. I thought he would live long. I'm actually a little sad, he was one of the less annoying people here. But the way he acted definitely suggested that he knew something we didn't. Could that have been the reason for his death? Well, this case certainly won't be boring... 

   "GYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!" Tenko screams surprised. 

      "Gah! My ears are bleeding, could you scream any louder?" I say more annoyed then I am. 

   Suddenly Maki, Gonta, Angie and Himiko run in. Shuichi walks over to Rantaro's body and carefully examines it. He places his hand near Rantaro's mouth to check for breathing. "...We're too late." He shakes his head. His voice is coated with such sadness that I almost try and comfort him. Everyone is shocked at Shuichi's announcements.

   "We ran in because we heard a scream." Maki says. 

   "Yeah, it was painfully loud, I'd be surprised if there was anyone in this academy that didn't hear her." I complain. Shuichi looks at me surprised. "What? Do I have something on my face?" I ask.

"No, I'm just surprised, Rantaro is dead and you're complaining?" he asks. 

"Just ignore him, anything he says is either unnecessary or a lie." Maki glares at me then looks at Rantaro's body. "It appears that the killing game has started."

   "Or, maybe it just ended." Kaede says. Is she suggesting that Rantaro is- er, was the mastermind? Somehow I can't imagine Rantaro being the mastermind. In a way, Rantaro was too suspicious to be suspicious. 

   "Are you suggesting what I think your suggesting?" Tenko asks.

   "All I'm saying is that if Rantaro was the mastermind then this terrible game is over." she says.

   "But what if hes not." I say as I look at Kaede. She flinches, surprised at my statement. I can see the fragile hope in her eyes.

   "Huh? That's not possible. Rantaro has to be the mastermind!" Kaede insists. I'm a little surprised at her sureness. "Monokumas not here so that means-"

   Kaede is interrupted by the monitor in the room turning on. On the screen is Monokuma sipping champagne. "Puhuhu! You guys had me worried for a minute there. You guys really know how to keep me in suspense! Anyway, a body has been discovered, everyone gather in the library!" and with that the screen went black.

   Kaede looks astonished. "Well that was Monokuma so whatever theory you had was bullshit." I smirk at her.

   "Well if Rantaro was in the library right before the time limit ended then that's suspicious." Shuichi thought out loud.

   "Suspicious? Could you explain to everyone exactly why that's so suspicious, Mister Detective." I say. Shuichi blushes at being called "Mister Detective." 

   At that moment Monokuma appears. "Puhuhu, you guys took way longer to start than the last group." Last group? I feel like Monokuma was giving us a hint. Obviously nobody else noticed.

   "B-But the mastermind thats controlling you is dead!" Kaede looks like shes seen a ghost.

   "Mastermind? Oh, you mean the real mastermind thats controlling me?" Monokuma says.

   "Rantaro was the mastermind! What do you mean?" Kaede is visibly shaking.

   "It means the mastermind is still alive." I look her dead in the eyes. At that moment the library door swung open and in came Kirumi, Angie, Ryoma, Korekiyo, Miu, Tsumugi, and Keebo. I turn to Shuichi. "But you should probably check the cameras." Shuichi is too focused on checking the cameras to realize that I knew about his plan with Kaede.

   "Ah! That's right!" Shuichi runs over to check them but is interrupted by Monokuma and the Monokubs.

   "Sadly, there will be no trial for this case. Because of the first blood perk, the blackened who murdered Rantaro will get to graduate without a trial! So, will the blackened who murdered Rantaro Amami please step forward." 

   I raise my hand. "It was meee!" Everyone looks at me shock. "Nishishi, just kidding. You guys all believed me sooooo easily. You should have seen the look on your faces."

   "Kokichi, please don't joke like that." Shuichi looks at me and I can see the concern in his face.

   "Relaaax Shuichi, I didn't kill the avocado." Everyone is visibly confused at my remark. "I was just hoping that my remark would provoke the real killer to reveal themselves."

   "They were about to step forward anyway, you nincompoop." Miu yells at me.

   "Shut up, stupid whore bitch-let. I already know everything I need to know with that little phrase." 

    "Gyah!" Miu jumps. Shuichi looks at me obviously trying to read me. I smile and wink. Shuichi blushes and looks away. I'm almost positive I know who killed Rantaro by now. It was easy watching everyone's reactions.

   "Well it appears the killer will not admit their crime. I suppose they want a class trial. Puhuhu! Well this is certainly an interesting turn of events but I'm not opposed to it. Very well, have your trial. But first, investigation time!" Monokuma said then disappeared.

   I walk over to Shuichi. "I want to hear the detective's opinions on the case."

   "I really haven't even investigated or anything yet so I don't know. Besides, just because I'm the ultimate detective that doesn't mean I'll instantly know who killed Rantaro." he says.

   "I know who killed Rantaro." I smile.

   "Kokichi are you being serious?"

   "Yup, I know who Rantaro Amami's killer is."

   Shuichi stares at me silently. I stare back. "What? You didn't have any info for me. Why should I share my info with you?"

   Shuichi suddenly realizes something and jumps up. "The cameras!" He runs over to get them. "I was distracted by Monokuma." He takes the first one down before moving on to the second one. Kaede runs over with one in her hand and sees that Shuichi has the other two. "The film still needs to develop."

   Suddenly, Monophanie runs up and grabs all the cameras. "Hey! That's case evidence, you can't take it!" Kaede lunges at Monophanie but falls.

   "Don't worry I'm just taking them to develop the film." Monophanie says.

   Monokuma snatches the cameras from Monophanie. "That takes too long, luckily I have a quicker method." Monokuma does something with his paws so fast even I can't see. "Viola! The film is developed. Here are your photos."

   We all look at the photos. Most of them are photos of Rantaro and people walking in. There are a few of Shuichi taking down the cameras. Then we get to a different photo. Shuichi is holding the small stack of photos looking through them when he suddenly drops them and quickly picks them up again. "Whats the matter Shuichi?" I walk up to him smiling my wide smile.

   "K-Kokichi you're in the photos!"