Part 11: Bad Dream

(Kokichi's POV)

   I walked down the sidewalk quietly. Maybe, they wouldn't find me today.

   "Hey! There he is!" A tall guy followed by another three guys and two girls appear from behind the bushes.

   "Thought if you took a different route we wouldn't find you, eh?" The group chuckles. I freeze. One of the guys walks up to me and grabs me by the hair. He lifts me off the ground while I squirm trying to get free.

   "Please, just let me go, what did I ever do to you?" I say, still squirming.

   "Yeah, they all say the same thing." 

   "Hey babe, just kick his ass already!" The girl yells at him.

   He smiles. "If you insist." He lifts me higher then slams his knee into my face. I let out a cry of pain. The group laughs seeming to think my pain is funny. The guy rams his knee into my face again  before dropping me to the floor. "Ha! Wimp!"  I cover my nose which is now gushing with blood. 

   I shakily step back and yell at them. "Jerks! You think it's funny, don't you? Hurting a human being, I'm sick of this shit!" I pull out a water gun and shoot the guy in the eyes. I start running.

   The guy freezes for a second before bolting after me, the rest of the group behind him. "That little bitch, your gonna pay for this!" The guy jumps on me and pins me to the ground. He starts repeatedly pummeling my back. "Hey guys, why don't you help me teach this weak piece of shit a lesson?"

   "Yeah, let's take him to that place." One of the guys says.

   "Good Idea." The group half carries half drags me to whatever place they were talking about. I cry quietly. Wouldn't it just be so great if they killed me? Then I wouldn't have to deal with this anymore. Suddenly I'm thrown on the floor. I lift my head to see where I am. The Supply closet?

   "This might teach the brat a lesson." They  open up the cabinet in the supply closet and throw all it's contents on the floor. "Okay brat, get in." I lay there confused. "Alright, guess we'll just have to shove him in." He grabs me and throws me in the cabinet. 

   "Don't forget to lock it." One of the guys says.

   "This is what happens when you defy us. I guess stabbing you didn't prove anything the first time. Maybe now you'll learn." With that he closes the cabinet door and leaves with the rest of his group. I try banging on the cabinet and yelling for help but nobody hears. Who know how long I'll be in here? I start to cry again. Both my back and my face are still throbbing with pain. I feel scared and cold laying in the darkness alone. An overwhelming feeling of fear washes over me as I give one more shout of desperation. I can feel myself shaking in fear. 

   Suddenly a feeling of warmth washes over me. I feel safe and secure. All my fear melts away and I stop shaking. As the pain fades away I jump up with a jolt.

   My face is covered in sweat and it's morning time. I suddenly remember Shuichi sleeping next to me. His arms are wrapped around me and my face is buried in his chest. I lay there for a few minutes considering whether or not to get up. Eventually I decide to go back to sleep. I'm too comfortable, plus, I don't want to wake Shuichi up. 

   I drift off to sleep only to wake up a few minutes later. "Kokichi? Are you awake?" Shuichi whispers.

   I open one eye. "Am now." I mumble. Shuichi sits up and rubs his eyes.

   "Did you have good dreams?" Shuichi asks.

   I pause. "Yeah."

   Shuichi doesn't answer. I get up and look around my room. Shuichi must have seen all my stuff, including my bulletin board. I walk over to the chair and notice some sort of colorful device laying there. This device might be important, I don't know if anybody can see it, even Shuichi.

   "Hey Shuichi, why don't you go back to your room real quick to get a less wrinkled outfit and I'll meet you at breakfast?" I suggest.

   "Okay, see you there." Shuichi leaves. 

   I pick up the strange device and turn it on. Onscreen the words "Kokichi Ouma's Motive Video" appear. Monokuma starts speaking. "Nooow then, back by popular demand, it's time to show another "motive video." Who, oh who, could be your "most important loved ones," I wonder? Let's begin." 

   "The "Ultimate Supreme Leader," Kokichi Ouma... As the Supreme Leader of a secret organization called "DICE," he and his organization went wild throughout the world. In accordance with their two main motto's, "do not kill people," and "commit amusing crimes," this fun-loving band of jokers kept committing their prank-like crimes, and were known as "DICE"... These ten excellent followers worked together with Kokichi to form a group of eleven people. To Kokichi, these people were friends bordering on family... They were his everything, the absolute most important people in his life, but..."

   "How could this be?! It certainly seems as if they met with an unbearable outcome of some sort, but... Upupu. What happened to them is a secret. Please feel free to try and check what it was with your own two eyes, okay?" That... bastard! What did he do to them? They were my best friends... They saved me. But Monokuma... I wipe my eyes which have started to water. I'm still getting used to crying again. I've gotten used to finding another way to deal with my emotions, but lately, its been getting harder to hide my emotions. 

   I stare at the blank screen until I notice that it's not completely blank, but instead a dull static. I touch the screen. Suddenly I hear Monokuma's voice again. "Ahem, do to recent changes this video has been altered." Altered? The screen goes black before starting over. "Nooow then, back by popular demand, it's time to show another "motive video." Who, oh who, could be your "most important loved ones," I wonder? Let's begin."

   What the heck? What's going on? Why did it start over? "The "Ultimate Supreme Leader," Kokichi Ouma... After being thrown into a killing game he met a certain someone..." No. This can't be. It's not... It has to be something else, right?  "Shuichi Saihara, the "Ultimate Detective." A person who became very close to Kokichi. Kokichi's best friend... maybe more?" This can't be happening. It isn't. "The one person who was able to get close to Kokichi and become the most important person in his life, but... Unless someone dies, something very bad will happen to him. Puhuhu, I guess you'll just have to wait and see." The screen turns off. 

   I throw the device across the room. I stare blankly at it. "Fuck you!" I know yelling at the device won't change anything. My shoulders start shaking convulsively. Tears stream down my face. I sob quietly. After a few minutes I remember that I was supposed to meet up with Shuichi. I clean my face up and put on a smile as I leave the room.