Part 12: Motive Videos

(Shuichi's POV)

   I shift in my chair. Kokichi isn't here yet. Maybe Kokichi got one of those videos too? Although I still don't know why I got Kaito's.

   "Hey Shuichi, how come you didn't answer when I came by for training?" Kaito asks me.

   That's right, I had training with Kaito. I was with Kokichi at the time. "Oh, sorry, I was really tired last night. I was probably asleep when you came by." I lie.

   "Oh, okay then, I was worried you were... you know." 

   "Yeah, sorry for the scare, I'll remember not to fall asleep too early tonight." 

   "Okay." He smiles before leaving. 

   "H-Hey Shuichi." I look to the right of me to see Kokichi. He's smiling and his face is really red.

   "Hey Kokichi, did you run here or something?" I ask.

   "No, why?"

   "Your face is really red."

   "Oh, I-I't is?" He stutters.

   "Are you alright? Also what took you so long?" I question him.

   "Yeah, I'm fine. I just got some panta real quick."

   "Wheres your panta?" I look at his empty hands.

   "Oh, uh, what are the others talking about right now?" Kokichi asks.

   "I don't know, I haven't really been listening." I look at the rest of the group in the middle of a conversation.

   "So how come we didn't get our own?" Miu asks.

   "I don't know but it's probably better that we didn't. If these are motive videos, then I think it's better that we didn't get our own motive." Tsumugi says.

   I turn to Kokichi. "Did you get one? Apparently nobody got their own."

   "Nobody... got... their... own?" He asks.

   "Well, yeah." I answer.

   "Yeah I got someone's." Kokichi says.

   "Wasn't it weird that nobody got their own? If this is a motive I would think Monokuma would have made sure everyone got their own, unless it was intentional that everyone would get the wrong one..." I look at kokichi. He's staring at the floor. "What's on your mind?"

   He looks up and smiles. "I'm glad, you must be comfortable around me to think aloud. It's nice not having to guess what your thinking." He frowns.

   "Something wrong?" I ask.

   "It's nothing but..." Kokichi puts his hand on my arms. "Whatever you do, don't let me kill someone."

   "What?" Was Kokichi considering murdering someone?

   "Don't worry, I'm not actually considering it. But if I ever do, just remind me of this conversation, right here."

   "What's this all of a sudden?" I ask confused.

   Kokichi walks behind me and whispers, "Some of us did receive our own motive." My eyes widen. Did Kokichi...?

   "Let's finish breakfast." Kokichi is smiling again. That was obviously a Que to act normal. We eat breakfast together. The whole time I'm thinking about our conversation. Did Kokichi get his own motive video? If so, what was in it? Kokichi certainly seemed shaken when he entered the dining hall. He must of tried to hide it. The curiosity of what could have possibly been in the video tugged at me all throughout breakfast.