Part 28: "Failed" Execution

(Uhh Kokichi's execution is a bit more graphic them most of them so light warning for that.)

   (Kokichi's POV)

   "Goodbyes?" Shuichi looked at me worriedly. I look at the floor unable to meet his eyes.

   "Yeah, don't you wanna say goodbye before he gets brutally executed?" Monokuma says.

   "I suppose this is the part where I tell you why I did what I did." The group stays silent. "I had planned to make an unsolvable murder. And it really was." A̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶t̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶e̶d̶d̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶k̶i̶d̶s̶!̶

   "But you confessed your plan and threw away all your hard work..." Shuichi says.

   "Exactly." We stayed silent for a while. He hates me. I killed his best friend and now he hates me. I'm gonna die being hated by the person I love most.

   "Well, you're all so quiet, I suppose I should start the execution." Monokuma says

   "Wha-? No! You can't!" Shuichi stands in  front of me defensively.

   "Puhuhu, and why not?"

   Shuichi struggles to speak. "Because... you can't! I won't let you."

   "Shuichi." I say quietly. He turns around.
"It's okay. Just let me go"

   "What are you saying? You can't just ask something of me like that! I can't! I refuse to stand by and let you die like the rest of our friends! I just won't!" Tears spill from his eyes.

   I hug Shuichi and bury me head into his shirt staining it with my tears. "I love you." I mumble into the fabric.

   "You promised..." Shuichi trails off. A strange sense of deja Vu washes over me as if I've heard those words before, almost like in a dream.

   (Shuichi's POV)

   "Time to rap it up, because it's punishment time!" Monokuma announces. "Now, are you gonna come peacefully, or am I gonna have to drag you?"

   "I'll go peacefully." Kokichi announces.

   "Good." Monokuma walks him to his execution. Kokichi stands in front of a white stage with a single set of stairs leading to the trial room. The only thing on the stage is a throne. Kokichi stands there shaking. Suddenly, Monokuma's appear and surround the stage with wierd guns. One of them shoots the gun. The bullets in the gun aren't actually bullets, they're some kind of spear. One hits Kokichi in the leg, causing him to fall onto the throne. I can't watch this. I don't want to. Yet, when I try to look away or close my eyes I can't. He gets hit again, this time in the shoulder. He yelps in pain from the shot. He closes his eyes and cups a hand over his mouth before another shot lands next to him just barely missing his head. I look around and another monokuma hanging from the ceiling with a large spear, no doubt meant to be the final shot. So that's why the spears haven't punctured anything vital yet. They we're saving that for the end. They wanted to draw it out. To make him suffer. Another shot hits Kokichi's arm causing him to let out a scream. I can't watch this. I can't watch him die just like I watched everybody else die.

"I refuse!"

   (Kokichi's POV, starting from Monokuma leading him to his execution.)

   "Good." Monokuma walks me to my execution. The setting is a white stage with a single set of stairs down the middle leading to the trial room. The only thing on the stage is a throne. It's a red throne with gold edges, the type of throne you would find in a palace. I stand before it hesitantly. Nothing has happened yet. I start shaking knowing the execution will start any moment now. I look at Shuichi who is sobbing at his podium. No, I have to keep it together. I can't make this any harder for Shuichi. I force myself to stop shaking and try not to look scared.

   Suddenly, rows and rows of Monokumas appear in front of the stage. They seem to bow to me at first but then they all pull out some sort of wierd gun. One of the Monokuma's shoots the gun and a small spear comes shooting towards me. I don't have any time to react as it hits my leg. The impact knocks me back and I fall onto the throne. I shakily cup a hand over my mouth in shock. I attempt to stand but another small spear hits me in the shoulder pinning me to the throne. I let out a yell of pain. I try one last time to stand but give up, realizing that it's no use.

   I look at Shuichi again to strengthen my will. I have to be strong for Shuichi. I can't scream. I don't want to make this any harder for him to watch. I keep my hand cupped over my mouth to muffle any screams that escape. I squint my eyes waiting for the next impact. Another spear shoots towards me but misses, just barely cutting my ear.

   Is this how I'm gonna die? Slowly bleeding out from the spears shot at me? It seems like the spears are almost intentionally missing any vital spots. Perhaps they *want* me to suffer?

   As I look up I realize why they haven't hit any vital spots yet. There's a monokuma hanging from the sealing with an enormous spear. That must be the finishing shot. As I piece it together another small shot hits my other arm pinning it to the wall. I can't help but scream. Without my hand to muffle it the scream is very audible. I can tell the final shot is about to be thrown. I close my eyes and wait for it to hit me. Shuichi I'm so sorry...

   But it doesn't. I slowly open my eyes.

   "Wha..." What is this. This can't be- This wasn't supposed to happen... Why is this... The sight before me can't be real. The people at the trial grounds stand there shocked as walls close around the execution blocking it off from the rest of them. This has to be some cruel joke right? This can't have happened. Shuichi is... He's... Standing in front of me with a spear through his stomach.

(This chapter was hard to write (╥﹏╥) Also, there's only gonna be like one or two chapters left.)