Part 13: Insect Meet and Greet

(Okay, first off, How did I get #10 in Oumasai? I never thought I would get this far in my first fanfic. Second off, 1.6K views! I'm so glad so many people could see my story. I really hope all of you are enjoying the story, if not, then leave a comment on how I can improve.)

   (Kokichi's POV)

   (Kokichi's POV)

   I sigh. I couldn't do it. I tried distancing myself from Shuichi but it didn't work. I was hoping I could do it to protect Shuichi but my selfish desires got in the way. The old me wouldn't have been so easily swayed. Then again, that's part of the problem. Around Shuichi, it's harder to hide my feelings. This is the worst place to be expressing emotions. I need to maintain a mask at all times.

The other reason is that I can't risk getting attached to anybody. I know Shuichi's trustworthy, but just by being around me, Shuichi is in danger. My motive video is proof of that.

Hopefully, my plan will work. If everybody knew everybody's motive, then that would make it harder for someone to successfully commit a murder.

"Hello, Kokichi. How are you today?" Gonta smiled in a friendly way.

"Well I was great, but then I heard that everybody hates bugs! Isn't that terrible?" I lie.

"What you mean no one like bugs? Bugs are awesome!" Gonta says surprised. "We need to make everyone love bugs!"

"Oh, I know, what about showing everyone your bugs? That would surely show everyone how amazing bugs are." At least this part is easy.

"Ah! Kokichi is right! We shall show everyone how amazing bugs are! And we shall call it the Insect meet and Greet!" Gonta smiled.

"Good, now why don't you gather up everybody in your ultimate lab."

"You don't have to worry Kokichi, I will gather everybody and make them love bugs!"

. . .

I looked at everybody that Gonta had managed to capture. Among the group were Tenko, Tsumugi, Keebo, Korekiyo, and Shuichi, who had gotten knocked out accidentally by Gonta.

I walked over to Shuichi, still unconscious. I smile. He looks so cute, even when sleeping. Shuichi finally started to stir. I stood over him till he finally woke up.

"Mooorning, sleepyhead! You're finally up, Shuichi." I greet him.

"Huh? What...?" Shuichi asks clearly confused.

"Nee-heehee, are you gonna ask... 'Who am I?' and 'Where am I?' Well, you're definitely Shuichi Saihara. And his place is... Hmmm...I guess, hell."

"Hell?..." Shuichi shakes his head confused then looks around. "I-Is this...?"

Everybody talks for a while before Shuichi turns to me again. "K-Kokichi? Did you have Gonta kidnap us? If so, why?"

I knew that seeing Shuichi upset was going to be the hardest part of this but I answered him and explained how I had tricked Gonta into kidnapping them so I could throw a screening party. I lie to everyone saying that the screening party was so that everybody would know their motive and have a reason to kill.

"Kokichi, what are you doing?" He asked confused.

"What do you mean, Silly? I just told you." I smile mischievously.

"I mean-"

"Gonta is back! Angie and Himiko have joined us!" Gonta enters carrying Himiko and Angie.

"Good job Gonta! I actually need to leave right now to run some errands." I say.

"Huh? But don't you want to stay and have fun with insects?" Gonta asks confused.

"I'd really love to, but I have some really important errands to run."

"Okay then, Kokichi can play with insects later." Gonta smiles.

I run out of Gonta's research lab and head over to the dormitory. On the way there I see a certain someone.

"Hey, Mom! What are you doing right now?" I smile at Kirumi.

"Well, I recently got tasked with making the curtains for Himiko's magic show-"

"Hey, Mom! Play tag with me!" I interrupt her.

"Is that a request?" she asks.

"Sure. You're it!" I run through the halls, Kirumi chasing behind me. Dang, that maid is fast! Not as fast as me though, I have plenty of experience running from people. Kirumi really is unstoppable when it comes to fulfilling requests. Huh? What's that? In the distance is the silhouette of a girl wearing lingerie. Not the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. It must be Miu. Kirumi is chasing me, and Maki must be guarding her research lab. The rest of the girls are at the Insect Meet and Greet. Besides, Miu is the most likely girl to be walking around in lingerie anyway.

If I spend too much time playing with Kirumi, I won't have enough time to collect the motive videos. I stand there and a few seconds later Kirumi catches up to me. "Hey Mom, I don't wanna play tag anymore so you can get back to doing whatever you were doing while I go drink some panta."

"First off, I told you not to call me 'Mom'. Second off, you should really be careful with the number of carbonated drinks you drink. Carbonated drinks are high in sugar and are very bad for your teeth. One every once in a while is all right, but you appear to have an addiction..." Kirumi spends a while lecturing me about many different things.

"Okay Mom, I'm going off to do some important business. I'm sure you still have plenty of requests and whatnot. Also, Kirumi, remember sleeping? It's a thing that exists you know? I'm sure that would be much more beneficial to you then lecturing me."

"Very well then, we shall part ways." She turns around and walks away.

"Bye Mom!" I run off to the dormitory to collect each of the videos, watching them as I collect them. Most of them are just family members or best friends with a few exceptions. Gonta's is some sort of lizard race that raised him. Huh? I thought he said he was raised by wolves. Maybe he lied? Maki's motive is the kids at the orphanage. The video also reveals that she's the ultimate assassin. I already know she was lying about her talent. It's obvious someone so cold and full of rage can't have a talent like the 'Ultimate Child Caregiver'.

I watch Shuichi's motive video and am surprised to see that his is similar to mine. His original motive was his uncle but just like mine, Monokuma had edited the motive. Shuichi and I had each other as our motives. So Shuichi really does care about me? I smile as I sit alone in the room. I feel something wet land on my hand. I then realize that tears are streaming down my face. So this is despair... Knowing the odds are very slim...

   "The odds... that we'll... make it out...together."