Part 14: Magic Show Gone Horribly Wrong

(Shuichi's POV)

Finally, Kokichi comes back holding a stack of motive videos. I spit a bug out of my mouth before speaking. "Kokichi!"

He turns to look at me before noticing that everyone else is preoccupied with running from the bugs. "Guess who's baaack!" Tenko finally manages to get Himiko out from a pile of bugs.

"Oh, It's him." Tenko glares at Kokichi.

"Well, I have the goods." Kokichi smiles at everyone.

"No, I think this has gone on long enough," Kiibo speaks up.

"Oh? Is the glorified waffle-iron gonna fly around and shoot me with laser beams?" Kokichi mocks Keebo.

"I am not equipped with that sort of technology-" Kiibo replies.

"Okay then, what's the robot gonna do?" Kokichi interrupts him.

Kiibo didn't reply. Instead, he turned to the knobs on his head. It made a rewinding sound. Suddenly, I hear Kokichi's voice. "Gonta's so gullible, all I had to do was tell him that you all hated bugs and he was all for rounding you guys up. When I get back, we're gonna watch the motive videos. Oh, by the way, Gonta came up with the terrible name."

Tsumugi spoke up. "Hey Kiibo, what was that?"

"My recording function. I didn't use it earlier because it takes up a lot of battery."

Gonta looked at Kokichi. "Kokichi? Is this true?"

"Well, I-" Kokichi stepped backward.

"Kokichi no like bugs?" Gonta was getting angrier by the second.

"Uh, well-"

"Kokichi tricked Gonta?"

"Um..."

Everyone left as Gonta continued to confront Kokichi.

"If Kokichi really doesn't like bugs then let's play with bugs together and show you how fun bugs are," Gonta said.

"Actually, Kokichi does like bugs, right Kokichi?" I lie.

"O-Of course." Kokichi answers.

"Then let's get going," I say.

"Wouldn't you rather spend time with bugs?" Gonta asks.

"Well Gonta, it's getting really late and we must get going."

"Oh, Gonta understands I guess." He frowns.

Kokichi and I leave and head over to the dormitory. "Hey, you've got some explaining to do," I say.

"I don't need to explain anything." Kokichi pouts and looks away.

"What was that?" I ask.

"I-I told you! I have plans of my own and you promised not to interfere or get in any danger."

"Well I care about you, and if the plan is dangerous then, of course, I'll get involved," I say.

Kokichi sighs. We stand there in silence for a while. "Listen, I care about you too and I don't want you to get hurt, so just stay out of my plans."

"Then just don't make plans."

"I can't do that." There's something unwavering about the way he answers.

"Let's talk tomorrow. It's getting late." Kokichi nods and we walk back to our rooms.

The next morning I wake up to the morning announcement. I head over to Kokichi's room and we leave to go to breakfast together. I laugh in my head thinking about how it's become a habit to walk to breakfast with Kokichi.