Part 24: Wtf Kokichi

(Okay, I'm probably going to mess up with the plot because I don't want to replay chapter 5, so if anyone finds any mistakes regarding plot (or grammer), feel free to comment them. Oh, and for those of you wondering how Tsumugi was able to cosplay Kokichi earlier with her cospox I have an explanation. I'm going to add a drawing to that scene, and in the drawing Tsumugi is holding a wig and a pill bottle. The pill bottle is supposed to contain a momentary cure for cospox, Tsumugi will elaborate more later in the story.)

   (Shuichi's POV)

   The group leaves the trial grounds. Kokichi is nowhere to be found. I walk around outside in an attempt to find Kokichi. The way he was acting at the trial, that was all just an act, right? But why would he act like that then disappear all of a sudden?

   My thoughts are interrupted by a loud piercing noise. "AAAAAHHH!" Was that a scream? "AAAAAHHH!" It sounds like Kokichi, is he okay? The screams continue for a few minutes while I frantically search for Kokichi. All at once the screams stop. Did something happen to him?

   I search until my legs hurt when all of a sudden, Monokuma appears. "Hello bear,what are you doing out this late?"

   "Searching..." I mumble as I rub my eyes sleepily.

   "Why?"

   "I have to find him he could be hurt!"

   Monokuma sighs. "You need to get some sleep." I open my mouth to reply but am cut off. "He's fine. Bears honor."

   "Fine." I sleepily walk back to my room and collapse on the bed.

   I wake up the next morning and hurry to breakfast hoping Kokichi would be there but he isn't. Kaito avoids me but Maki walks over to me.

   "You look really out of it today." She says.

   "I didn't get much sleep last night, I was out late looking for Kokichi."

   She sighs. "Honestly, I don't know what you see in him. He just basically killed two of our friends."

   "So what, you kill people all the time." I grumble. Maki pauses, shocked. "Gah! I'm sorry Maki, I didn't mean it, I'm just really tired and stressed right now."

   "I-it's okay." She says.

   "Anyway, I don't think he did what he did with malicious intent."

   "How could you possibly think that? He sat by and watched while Gonta strangled Miu then pretended to cry when Gonta got executed. After all that, how can you still think he isn't an evil, malicious person?"

   "Because I know him. He's not... like that."

   "Well maybe you don't know him as well as you thought you did. He is a liar, after all." With that, Maki walks away. I finish eating in silence.

   The rest of the day passes being uneventful. The next day is the same. I eventually realize that Kokichi will show up when he wants to and that there's no use searching for him.

   Kaito gathers us all in the gym to form a plan to defeat monokuma. We barely discuss anything before a laugh echos through the gym. "Nishishi~" Everyone turns to see Kokichi sitting atop a pile of hammers and bombs.

   "Kokichi!"

   "Look who finally showed up." Maki glares at him.

   "I know your all soooooo glad to see me again." Kokichi says sarcastically.

   "What are you doing here?" Kaito asks him.

   "What? I'm not allowed to be around my classmates?" Kokichi pouts.

   "No, you're obviously planning something." Kaito asks.

   He huffs. "Why do you guys have to be so mean? Well I guess I am planning something. I'm gonna end the killing game! And that's no lie." He grins mischievously.

   "What? How?" Tsumugi asks.

   "Well, the rules say that the killing game will go until two people are left so I propose you guys fight to the death and the winner will have the honor of surviving with me!" Kokichi explains. "I've already prepared the weapons so get killi-"

   Maki"s hand wraps around Kokichi's neck. "Gh- hehe, I'm g-getting a strong sense of- deja Vu."

   "Try me Bitch." Maki says.

   "This should be- a-an easy game for you, given your ski-lls."

   "Shut up, you little shit."

   "Oh? Are you- losing you t-temper. Kaito, come help your angry girlfriend."

   "Why you-" Maki squeezes tighter as Kokichi gasps for air.

   "Maki, stop! You'll kill him!" Maki ignores me.

   "He's right. As much as he deserves to die, you can't kill him or you'll be the blackened and I'll lose you." Kaito says.

   Maki pauses before dropping Kokichi. Kokichi rubs his neck and laughs. "Did you actually think I was gonna make everybody kill each other? This game is too fun to end. All those weapons are fake. They're actually electrobombs and electrohammers. They disable electronics. Anyways, bye!" Kokichi runs away.

   "Wait, Kokichi!" I yell as I run after him.

   He turns around and stops. "Yes, my beloved Shuichi?"

   "Can we talk?"

   "Whatever about?"

   "Well for starters, what the fuck is going on with you?" I ask.

   "I'm sure you're confused but I'm actually really busy right now so how about we talk tomorrow evening."

   "Okay I guess, where will we meet?"

   "I'll tell you later today when I see you again." Kokichi says.

   "Wha-?" He runs off. Kokichi... What are you doing?

   (Kokichi's POV)

   Goddammit. Shuichi probably hates me. That should be the least of my worries though. I told him that I will tell him everything when we meet up tomorrow evening. I guess I just won't tell him everything. I can't risk Shuichi interfering. I sigh. This is gonna be hard. Maybe after later today Shuichi won't even want to talk to me. The thought both terrifies and relieves me. Oh well, I guess it's time to go to the death road of despair and wait for them.

   (Okay, most of the parts from now in are going to be from Shuichi's POV for plot reasons. There will still be some of Kokichi's POV though.)