15

Jared waited by Connor's locker at the end of the day again. It turned into just, a thing they did. It turned out Jared had free period at the end of the day on Fridays, which he didn't know Connor had as well. That meant leaving school an hour early and stopping wherever they needed before going home. Jared's house was closer, so Connor always walked him home on his way to his own house. It was a system they got going.

Jared was on his phone texting Alana while waiting. Any text with Alana was wild.

Jared: I'm telling you it's fuckn weird

I hate myself

I'm so scared of fucking up

Alana: how many times did you two hang out?

I think after a while it's pretty sealed

Then again

It's Connor

Nobody really knows if he's stable enough to have long time friends

Jared: THATS WHY IM GONNA FUCK UP EVENTUALLY

I DONT KNOW WHATS OFF LIMITS OR WHATS ON LIMITS

I DONT KNOW HIS LIMITS

ALL I KNOW IS HE SMOKES WHEN HES NOT OKAY

Alana: he smokes a lot

Oh

Makes sense

Jared: ALL I KNOW IS STUPID THINGS

HIS FAVORITE COLOR IS PURPLE

HIS FAVORITE WORD IS POLISHING

HES ALLERGIC TO KIWIS

Alana: I get it Jared

Jared: HE LOVES CATS BUT IS MINORLY ALLERGIC SO HE GETS SPLOTCHY AND RED AND SOMETIMES WHEEZES WHEN HE CUDDLES CATS

HE ALSO HAS A SHORT ATTENTION SPAN AND IS KINDA REALLY PARANOID ABOUT PEOPLE

oh dang I didn't read that before I kept going off

Alana: aren't you with him now?

Jared: if I disappear then yeah he's with me but right now I'm waiting for him

What if he hates me

Or like

Will hate me

It's been like five times walking with him and I'm still scared

Not when I'm with him

Just before

"Who's you texting?" Connor asked curiously, Jared not noticing he was standing in front of him for a solid half minute. Jared was always easily scared, especially when Connor sneaked up. He usually heard footsteps so he double checked if Connor had his clunky ass boots on, and nope, that's why he's so quiet. And short.

Jared kinda fell back into the locker door and inhaled audibly, squeaking slightly as he did. "Fucker! Jesus Christ why do you always do that," Jared whined and ended up chuckling slightly and quietly.

Connor laughed quietly, "It's my only source of entertainment."

"Do you like fucking change your shoes for this Jesus Christ on a fucking cracker. You look shorter without them."

"Hey, fuck you," Connor mumbled, obviously not actually mad, especially since he had the faintest smile.

"How tall are you?"

"Fuck you."

"Seriously? I'm like really curious now, you look so much shorter without your bo—"

"Fuck you"

Jared snorted quietly as he laughed, covering his dorky smile. "So, where to today?"

"Wanna go to my house or something?" Connor asked sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck slightly. Jared picked it up, and yeah they haven't been friends very long, but Jared noticed that habit before. "Parents wanted me home for the day, long story, and I just told them I forgot a book in my locker and had to go in. That's basically why I got here like five minutes after dismissal past."

Connor rocked to the outer sides of his feet. Jared glanced quickly at his feet. Then looked just back at Connor himself. That's probably also why he looked like his closet threw up on him, then just slid on the first shoes he could find. His hair was kinda really knotted up too. It might've just been a stupid feeling but Jared felt, uneasy, seeing Connor like that. Like something was wrong? Well, Jared was always assumed something was wrong, especially since he's a total dickbag and has a very anxious close friend that he's scared of Evan not telling him if somethings wrong or if he's anxious or upset. He paid attention to quirks and habits as a result to that.

"Is that why you've got stupid lookin' sneakers?" Jared asked with a teasing chuckle as they walked out of the school.

"Exactly," Connor chuckled back, seeming to relax a little more. He sort of leaned closer to Jared while walking, because to Connor, Jared radiated a sort of relaxing and calm aura. He was chill, and sure he was usually an asshole and occasionally it's visible that he's faking his confidence and his chill persona, but it still felt comfortable.

"Why'd your folks want you home, anyway?" Jared asked curiously as he wiggles his hands into his pockets, shrugging his shoulders to do so. He looked over to Connor after kicking a pebble down the road.

Connor hesitated slightly, "Eh. Hard to explain."

"Oh, yeah I feel that."

"It's all good though, I'm allowed in my room still." He stopped at the front steps and took a deep breath, then pulled Jared inside.
~

Kinda a shitty chapter oops sorry
Yeet

Vote and comment and all