Chapter 17

She buried her face in his chest and inhaled his scent. A knock at the door made Adam sigh. The lack of privacy was going to be the death of him. He unlocked then opened the door. Chance stood there smiling and said that they needed to get to their soundcheck. Nate and Luke wanted Celestia so they could go over some of the merch stuff before she actually starts working.

She followed both men off the bus and back into the building. Adam glanced over at her as she walked towards where the lobby was. She stopped and glanced back. Both smiled before turning back around and walking to their destinations. Luke got to telling her about the fans and generally how the day went. When it came to actually handling the merchandise table, Nate took over explanations.

She figured it would get chaotic but hoped she could handle her job. Nate told her she wouldn't be alone and that he was looking forward to actually working with her. Luke let her pick out some stuff which made her giggle. She thanked both as Nate put her stuff in a bag. Before she knew it, Luke was leading her backstage. Jenika was the tour manager so she was the boss, more or less. It made Celestia nervous to be working "for her" but Luke reassured her that her job was secure.

The pair stood around waiting for showtime. Jenika made sure to keep Tim with her so that he couldn't talk with Celestia like the other four were doing. It wouldn't be long before the show started. Celestia began to get excited to actually see Adam doing his thing. Chance couldn't help but notice how Adam always stayed with Celestia.

Jenika pulled Tim in for a kiss right before they were to hit the stage. Celestia was pulled into Adam's arms making her giggle. He rested his forehead against hers.

"Enjoy yourself tonight. You said you wanted to see me in my element and you're gonna get to see it tonight. I hope you enjoy the show." Adam whispered to her.

"I'm sure I will. You blew me away with the demonstration you gave me the other night in the hotel." She giggled.

"But now you're gonna get whole songs and the whole band! And I do my own drum solo at the beginning of the second half of the show. We take a brief 10-minute intermission so I'll talk to you again then. I just want you to have a good time tonight." He glanced down at her lips.

"With you doing you're thing, I know I'll have a good time." She replied, slight tint to her cheeks.

"It's time to hit the stage, Adam." Jenika accentuated the blonde's name.

The pair pulled apart so he could follow his band mates on stage. Luke stood next to Celestia as she listened to the crowd going crazy. They started with "Life is a Highway" and she stood there bobbing her head along to the beat Adam was making. She could only smile seeing how amazing Adam and the band really were on stage. The next song they did was "Hillbilly Bone" and she thought she was going to have a heart attack as she watched the five men on stage. Especially Adam!

Before she knew it, Tim was talking to the crowd about taking out their credit cards and buying merch while they took a short break. Adam was quick to pull her to the side then into his arms. She was giggling.

"How are you liking the show so far?" He asked.

"I'm absolutely loving it! You guys are amazing!" She gushed.

"Having a good time?" He looked down at her lips again.

"Of course! I could watch you do your thing all night." She blushed.

"I'm glad. We'll do a few more songs and then it'll be my solo. I'm sure some of the guys will come chat with you while I'm otherwise busy." He cupped her cheek in his hand.

"That's fine. I should be getting to know everyone anyways." She glanced down at his lips.

"I so badly want to kiss you right now."

"I guess we'll have to wait till we're curled up in your bunk, huh?" She replied, looking up into his eyes.

"Mmmhmm." Adam said, "But at least we'll get to cuddle."

Before long, the band were taking the stage again. Feeling eyes on her, she looked around. Jenika was standing approximately twenty feet away glaring at her. Celestia turned her attention back to the men onstage. She loved seeing the show and she really loved seeing Adam do what he did best. The traveling plus talking with the rest of the band and crew plus how late it was, was starting to get to her. Luke turned during the second to last song of the night and said he'd walk her to the bus.

Normally she'd help put everything up from the merch table and get it all back in the trailer before she was done for the night but since she wasn't working, he was escorting her back to the bus. She figured it was a good opportunity to get ready for bed. Her stomach grumbling made him chuckle. He told her where the sandwich makings were and then said they'd be stopping for breakfast early-ish the next morning. She thanked him before darting into the bathroom to change for bed.

A/N: Think Jenika is going to cause problems for poor Celestia? Please vote and leave your feedback below :D