Secret Kisses (The Threat) Part 3 (During) CH: 1 (EFH)

Accompanied by my uncle, Thomas and I had spent two gruelling days travelling from Bucharest to Liverpool to board the Etruria before it set out for New York. We'd found creative ways of stealing kisses on our journey, and each secret encounter flashed through my mind unbidden - my hands in his dark brown hair, his lips igniting flames across my skin, our -

Excerpt from pg 2 in Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If you've read all three books, this chapter will literally make no sense. I'm sorry. Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liza and I had been organizing and packing the dresses all morning. I was excited for my next voyage with Thomas and Uncle. Liza had been asking me too many questions to count, about Thomas and his undying love for me. 

"Tell me, cousin, does Thomas really love you?" Liza asked inquisitively.

"He's too over the top with affection that it's hard not to see that. But, he is indeed in love with me." I said smiling. 

"You two need to get married! I'll be your witness if you two decide to elope! Ooooh, It'll be so much fun!"

"Father needs to approve of our courting before a wedding will ever be planned. But, I would love for you to be my maid of honour, Liza!"

"Oh, Audrey, from what I can tell, your father has already approved of Thomas. He even allowed Thomas to watch over you when you two went to Romania!"

"He approved of Thomas watching out for me, not us courting! Those are two very different things."

Liza rose from her chair and walked over to where I sat and placed her hands on my shoulders. "Calm down cousin, I am positively sure that you two will be engaged in the next half year. You two are perfect together."

"I'll have to agree with your cousin on this one. We are meant to be..." Said Thomas, whom I didn't realize was in the same room. "...forever," he whispered into my ear sending a chill up my spine as well as giving me a warm feeling in my stomach.

"Mr. Cresswell, you do realize that it is impolite to spy on people right?" Liza asked Thomas. She walked over to him and stared into his eyes. 

"Of course Liza, it will certainly never happen again". His eyes darted to mine, wanting a lifeline in the embarrassment he was enduring. I shook my head, not giving in to his cravings. 

"Mr. Cresswell, I am only saying this once. If you lie or hurt my dear cousin in any way, I will personally... murder you." Her eyes flashed an evil smile before continuing her warning. "I do hope that never happens, I wish to see you and Audrey married one day. Soon." 

"Understood. You can call me Thomas if you'd like."

"Thank you, Thomas. I'll give you some alone time. See you at dinner Audrey."

I Nodded. "Goodbye, Liza."

----------------------------

After Liza had left, Thomas walked over to me, "So she can call you Audrey?" His mouth came tantalizingly close to mine and said. "Will I ever have the pleasure?"

I closed the distance between us as he wrapped his arms around my waist bring me into a closer embrace. After a few seconds went by I broke the kiss. "Not until we are married, Mr. Cresswell."

Thomas pouted. "Perhaps we should confront your father tonight. I'm sure he would love to see his only daughter marry such a dashing young man like myself." 

I laughed, putting my hands on his chest. "We already agreed that we will confront him after our trip to America. I do hate lying to him, but it is for the best."

"Ms, dinner will be served shortly," the maid said. "Mr. Cresswell, will you be joining them?"

"Yes, he will," I said looking at Thomas. 

Nodding, the maid left, leaving us alone again.

"Not a word about this conversation, Thomas."

"I wouldn't dream of it m'lady, shall we?" Thomas said as he held out his hand to take.

I took his hand and we made our way to the dining room. "You are overly dramatic Cresswell! let's go."