Thomas and Edmund Talk

I'm so sorry for the looong delay, getting back into writing is harder than I thought it would and I've had trouble thinking of a good idea and sticking to it. If you guys have any ideas/requests I would really appreciate it. Anyways, enjoy! (This is part of a 3 parter - 2nd part should be out by Wednesday)

------------------------------------------------------

Thomas' POV

Audrey and I had just arrived in London to gather clothes and I was keen to talk with her father to ask for his blessing in courting Audrey. I was sure that he would approve because he left me to watch her when we went to Romania for school. 

Mrs Harvey was to join us on our voyage to Chicago on the RMS Etruria. Apparently, there was some trouble in America that needed the best forensic scientists out there. 

"What are you thinking about Thomas?" 

I turned my head to look at Audrey, "Just thinking how I should ask your father's permission to court you, m'lady."

"Don't worry, he'll approve, Thomas."

"Oh I know, I just want to make sure I say the right thing."

"Father trusted you enough to watch out for me in Romania, I'm sure he'll let us court-to-marry."

"Marry!? Audrey Rose, I never knew you wanted to be with me forever?"

"Well when you put it like that, I change my mind."

The carriage stopped just outside of the Wadsworth residence. "Don't worry, m'lady, I shall speak to your father about this right away!" I gave her a chaste kiss on her hand as we parted our ways.

"Remember, we have only two days before we leave for Liverpool. Do not forget anything, we will not turn back for it," boomed Audrey's uncle.

*Edmund Wadsworth's Study*

"Mr Wadsworth?" I knocked on the door to his study.

"Come in, Cresswell," he notioned for me to come to sit on the settee; "What can I do for you lad?"

I fumbled with my fingers for a few seconds before asking about my burning desire. "Mr Wadsworth..."

"You can call me Edmund, son."

"Okay... Edmund, I want to ask you if you would allow me to court Audrey Rose."

"If you have the intention of marrying her one day, then yes." 

"Yes... yes I do have intentions of marrying her, Sir. If you approve of this that is?"

"Approve? Ha! If only it were up to me! The only person who may have a problem with this court-to-marriage is Audrey Rose. In my opinion, she couldn't have chosen better. Much better than that Blackburn fellow." 

"Couldn't agree more. So, what are you saying, Mr Wadsworth? Er- Edmund?"

"I'm saying that as long as she is aware of your feelings and she reciprocates them, then you have my full consent to court her."

"Thank you, sir," I shook his hand and went to find Audrey Rose, and tell her the great news.