A Kiss Under the Mistletoe

"Welcome to our home, Audrey Rose! I hope you will feel at home here!" Daciana exclaimed dramatically. "Come this way, I'll show you to your bedchamber!"

"I do hope our rooms are close by." Thomas winked cheekily.

"Behave yourself, Thomas!" Daciana swatted Thomas on the arm and guided me up the grand staircase. "Here you are, Audrey Rose. The party will start in 2 hours. Wear your best dress." 

"Thank you, Daciana." 

"I've hung a mistletoe for you two," Daciana flashed a knowing grin. "I know the way he looks at you, he adores you." 

"I know," I smiled, turning to face Daciana. "I love him too."

"Do you need any help with your dress?" 

"No, I should be alright, thank you for inviting me to stay in your beautiful home."

"I should be thanking you! You and Thomas saved our family name and the Academy. I should bow down to you!" I laughed as Daciana curtseyed. "I'll leave you to change. Don't forget about the mistletoe."

I laughed, "I won't!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------  

I pulled on the beautiful yellow dress Thomas had given me the night before. I pulled my hair into a braided crown, leaving a couple strands out. Pulling on my gloves, I looked in the mirror before descending down the grand staircase and through to the ballroom. I walked towards the window that had a bundle of mistletoe hanging above it. 

"You look beautiful as always, m'lady." 

"And you look handsome," looking him up and down, "which is not like you. Who are you and what have you done with Thomas Cresswell?" 

"Sweet as always, Wadsworth." Smirking, Thomas stepped closer to me and looked up to the mistletoe, then back to me. 

I could feel Thomas' eyes lingering on my lips and then slowly rise to my eyes. 

"Kiss me, Thomas."

Without a moment passing, Thomas leaned down and kissed me. The kiss was soft at first but turned more fierce as the seconds passed.

"Not that I love seeing you two together," Daciana said, startling us. "Sorry, the guests have just started to arrive. Thomas, greet the guests, I'll be there in a moment."

Thomas nodded, turning on his heel but quickly retreating to kiss me again. 

I loathed being interrupted and couldn't wait until we could kiss without restraint. 

"I'll make sure to give you time alone tomorrow, Audrey Rose." Smiling, Daciana left to greet her party guests. 

I touched my lips and began to think about the rest of the night, dancing and kissing all night long with Thomas.