Christmas with Thomas

Note: A very short chapter. Next chapter up by New Year's Eve. Then I'm taking a week off. Enjoy!

Audrey's POV

The winter sun woke me early this morning. It was Christmas Day; the first without my brother and father, I missed them both terribly. 

A knock on the door startled me, separating me from my melancholy thoughts. I opened the door and Thomas quickly walked through and pressed a chaste kiss to my lips. "Merry Christmas, Audrey Rose." 

I closed the door and pulled on my gloves, "hello, Cresswell. Is everyone awake?"

"Yes, I saw Illeana leaving my sister's quarters. It seemed she stayed there all night." 

Thomas put his arms around my waist pulling me close. He whispered in my ear, sending a chill up my spine. "I should have come by last night, or would you have thrown me out?" He kissed my cheek, as I answered.

"I'm not quite sure if I would have minded last night, although, Father Christmas visited us last night and I'm sure he would have given us coal if we did." 

"You're avoiding the question, my dear, though I can't blame you. Let's go see what he brought us!" 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas and I descended the grand staircase as Daciana beamed, "Merry Christmas, Audrey! Merry Christmas, Thomas!" Daciana hugged both of us. "Come, this way, see what Father Christmas brought us!"

"I hope you are feeling at home here Audrey, our home is your home." 

"I am, thank you for the warm hospitality, Daciana." 

  --------------------------------------------------------------- 

Thomas' POV

I handed Audrey her gift and hoped she would like it. Hell, I hoped she would love it. 

"Thomas, thank you!" I smiled, I kissed her, one of my favourite pastimes; next to dissecting cadavers of course. "Oh, I almost forgot, here. I believe we talked briefly about this in the library."

Audrey's POV

Curiously, I opened the strange gift Thomas explained to be from one of our few visits to the vast library at the Academy. I opened the package, finding a unique tea blend. Confused, I looked at Thomas, "Not Named?" 

"Yes, I thought you would like to name the blend." 

I threw my arms around Thomas' neck, "I love it!", I whispered the last part in his ear, "And I love you, Thomas." 

He kissed me, almost as passionately as I had the night before. "Merry Christmas".  

  --------------------------------------------------------------- 

Again, If any of you guys have any suggestions I will gladly take them. :)