The Last Kiss (May 2020 Prompts)

nopebye23 (Wattpad) angst/fluff prompt with Audrey/Thomas

#5 (angst): "Can I have one last kiss?"

#9 (fluff): "I will never stop loving you"

Note: I was listening to 'Happier' by Ed Sheeran on a loop while writing this. Would recommend (if you feel like crying) listening to it while reading this chapter

------

Thomas' POV

It's been a few months since Audrey and I have broken up, and I've been missing her very much these last few days. Late this afternoon, I decided to walk down the alleyway where we shared our first kiss, then strolled down to the park and sat on a bench. 

After sitting there in silence; other than the pigeons and geese. After a good hour, I got up and left. I walked into a nearby pub; Devils Tavern to be exact. I walked in and sat at the bar next to a young lady that closely resembled my lost lover. 

I looked beside me only to be brought face-to-face with the one and only Audrey Rose. 

The lovely lady, known as Audrey Rose looked up to me and said, "Hello, Thomas. I've missed you these last few months. How have you been keeping?" 

"Busy with cadavers and training with your Uncle. Keeping busy. You?"

"Father has forbidden me to see any cadavers or anyone alive for that matter. I believe I would've gone completely mad if it hadn't been for Noah."

"Noah?"  

"Yes, you remember that nice man from the Academy who won the scholarship? He's been visiting with Father, Uncle, and I."

"Oh! That Noah. How has he been? How-how have you been love?" I regretted saying that as soon as I muttered it from my lips.

"Love?" She looked up quickly, taking a long swig of a dark spirit. "Oh, Thomas, Noah and I are not together in any sort of way. Just friends who like learning secrets of the human body." She took another drink, "Besides, why would you care who I court?"

"I was just wondering if you've moved on already. That's all."

"Oh, of course. I'm glad you're doing well, Thomas."

I took a deep breath in, cringing at the possible outcome of what's about to become. "I'm so sorry Audrey, for everything I put you through at the Academy. I hope you know I miss you every second of the day. I will never stop loving you."

"Thomas, maybe in the future when we are both older and wiser, we can become one again." I risked a glance at her as she continued. "But for now, I think it's best to stay apart, but I would like it if we could still work together. Maybe you could ask Uncle for me?"

"I will Audrey Rose, but I have one more question."

"I suppose that's fair."

"Can I have one last kiss?"

I cupped Audrey's face and brought her lips close to mine, a ghost of a kiss until she leaned in and closed the distance between us. I felt her lips leave mine, as she slowly walked out the door, leaving a coin for her drink. 

------