The Romantic Walk

This chapter was suggested by @AudreyAndThomas (Wattpad)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Audrey's POV

"Audrey Rose, seeing as we have been given the rest of the afternoon off from studies, would you care to join me on a walk down to the village?"

Thomas held out his arm and I gladly took it. "Only if we can stop by my bedchamber first. I would like to get rid of these heavy books and slip on my overcoat."

We walked up to my bedchamber, and I slipped on my fluffy overcoat, hat, and leather gloves. "All right, I'm ready," I searched for Thomas and saw that he had picked up my copy of 'London's Perfect Scoundrel' and started to read it. "Give that back!" I shouted, reaching over to grab the book, but he held above his head and replied. "My dear, Audrey rose," smirking, he continued to read a section to me, which was actually not from the book. I had already read it a couple of times through already! 

"I would love to lull you to sleep with those forbidden words of love. And I don't mean figuratively." He then placed the book in my hands and kissed me.  

I put the book back on my desk "You shouldn't go through a lady's possessions without their permission, you know." 

"I was only reading what was in front of me. Also, I see you've read more than once, the pages are all ripped and tattered."

"The pages were like that when I purchased the novel. I have only read it once," I hoped he couldn't see my lie.

"I do not believe that for a single second, Wadsworth. But, I would still love to read this to you." His lips hovered over mine for a moment before I answered his question. 

"Really?! You want to read a book about yourself? That's a new low, even for you, Thomas Cresswell!"

"What? What are you-? Oh! Oh! The book is named 'London's Perfect Scoundrel'!" He narrowed his eyes and said, "I take personal offence to that."

I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck, as he wrapped his arms around my waist, bringing me closer to him. I waited for a kiss that never came and instead was surprised to feel his hot breath on my neck as he snuggled into a hug. I gasped but hugged him back feeling his love and warmth at the same time. It had been so long since my last long embrace, and I never wanted to let go, and it seemed Thomas had similar thoughts as well.

After a few minutes of just feeling the warmth of each other, Thomas pulled back and placed a sweet, but fierce kiss on my lips. 

"While we walk to the village, I want to get to know the lovely woman I have fallen deeply in love with." 

I tried to hide my blush but failed. "Your smile will be the death of me, Thomas Cresswell."

"And your beautiful eyes will be the death of me, m'lady."

-------------------------------------------------------------  

Thomas and I had just left the vicinity of the castle's walls and were heading down the slippery path to the village. 

"So... my dear Audrey Rose, what is your favourite colour? Mine is dark navy blue, as you can see I am wearing my favourite overcoat." Thomas said showing off in a Thomas-esque fashion.

Rolling my eyes, I said, "Only you would have a favourite colour and one that doesn't look very suiting to you."

Thomas stuck his tongue out. "You must have a colour you most absolutely adore!"

"I think you are losing your 'Cresswell Deductions', Thomas! Picking favourites are childish." Looking away, I added, "I like the colours black and red." 

"Alright then, Where would you like to travel to next? Preferably with me of course." 

"I actually talked about this with Noah yesterday. I would love to visit America, more specifically Chicago." 

Thomas' eyes widened; "Really? You want to go to a big city? Wasn't London busy enough for you?"

"Oh shut up, Thomas!" I swatted his arm "Are you still reading that boring old medical journal?"

"What do you mean boring? It's very interesting, they wrote about a vaccine against rabies. You know, the nasty little bug that mutts carry around?"

"I know what rabies is, Thomas. Maybe you should read a more playful book."

"Okay, my turn, what is your favourite; I really do hate that word; what is your favourite type of food?" 

"Oh, it has to be Mrs. Harvey's cookies. Anything sweet for that matter..."

"Very serious about that are you?" I looked up to Thomas' face and held onto both of his hands. He moved closer to me and placed a small kiss on my lips. 

"What is your favourite food. Other than me of course." 

"Hmmm... it has to be naan and bhatoora with chickpea curry." 

"I'll make sure to have that for you when we go back to my mothers' home over the break. Back to the sweets, my favourite sweet of all is you."

"Thomas... you are so not cute when you say things like that."

"Oh, I know you love me."

"Do I? I really don't think I do."