Thomas' Love for Audrey

This chapter was a suggestion from @AudreyAndThomas (Wattpad)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Prince Nicolae believes I'm responsible for Wilhelm's death. Apparently, he saw us following him, and I didn't appear appalled enough by the slight of his cousin's corpse."

Excerpt from 'Hunting Prince Dracula' (chapter 12, pg. 93) By Kerri Maniscalco.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audrey's POV

"I'm sure he's just in shock and grieving. He couldn't possibly think that you had anything to do with his passing." Thomas tucked away a strand of my hair that had come undone and kissed my forehead. "And if he does think that... well, who cares? I know the truth and that's all that matters."

I looked up at Thomas and smiled. "How is it you always know what to say in these situations?"

"I don't always know, but I try to read the situation." Thomas lifted my chin and looked me in the eyes, "I saw that you were upset, so I comforted you."

"You are sweet, Thomas," I said laughing. "We should head back now, we have a class at three."

"Alright," Thomas looked me up and down, "Let's go." I looped my arm with Thomas' and we walked quickly back to the Academy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas' POV

"Can you have this letter delivered to Ms. Audrey Rose's chambers?" I handed the maid my letter, "It's urgent."

"Right away, Mr. Cresswell."

"Thank you," I smiled. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audrey's POV

I was just about to get into the bath when I heard a knock on my chamber door, I went to answer it and was greeted by Illeana.

"Sorry to disturb you, Audrey Rose, Thomas wrote you a letter, he said it was urgent."

"Thank you, Illeana," I smiled, taking the letter.

"Give him a chance, Audrey Rose, he truly does love you."

"I'll try, Illeana." My gloveless fingers trailed over the letter in anticipation to read what was so important Thomas wrote to me; whilst we are both in the castle.

"Goodnight, Audrey Rose, and please don't leave Thomas waiting. He'll think something happens if you don't show."

Confused; I replied, "What do you mean? Where is Thomas?"

"Read the letter, and meet Thomas outside soon. That's all I can say, sorry. Goodnight." 

As soon as Illeana had left, I ripped open the letter, revealing the text that Illeana had prompted me to read as soon as humanly possible.

'Dear Audrey Rose, 

Meet me outside at seven.

Love, Thomas.'

"Alright, Thomas, I hope we won't be out late." I pulled my overcoat on and walked to the entrance of the castle.

  --------------------------------------------------------------------------  

"Oh, good, I was beginning to think you weren't coming." Thomas walked towards me 

"Thomas, why are we out here? It's freezing!"

Thomas ran his arms up and down mine, warming me. "Is it wrong for me to want to show my love to you?" He leaned in for a kiss but I ducked out of the way. 

"It's almost curfew, Thomas! I don't want to be caught out again!"

"Hmmm, have I ever told you how beautiful your hair looks in the moonlight?"

I blushed, looking down. 

"I don't think I have." 

Thomas lifted my chin up, looking in my eyes. "I love you, more than you know." 

I searched his eyes, looking for a reason to not kiss him, yet there was none. I wrapped my arms around his neck. Thomas angled his face towards mine and I captured his mouth with mine, pulling into a long, but graceful kiss. 

The kiss deepened as I tilted my head upwards, giving Thomas an easier angle. Thomas pulled back, letting us catch our breath as we continued to kiss under the cold, bright moon. 

I never wanted to let go of Thomas, the way his lips moved against mine ignited a fire within I never knew could start. 

I pulled back, much to Thomas' dismay. 

"Audrey Rose?" He kissed me one last time before a torchlight was shone in our faces.

"Sorry, am I interrupting something?" Noah asked

"No! Not at all!" I said sheepishly, still a prominent blush painting my cheeks.

"Are you two courting?" Noah inquired.

I looked at how mine and Thomas' bodies were connected and quickly stepped out of his grasp; still holding one of Thomas' hands. 

"In secret. But, please don't tell anyone we were out here without a chaperone." Thomas pleaded. "I don't want to ruin Audrey Rose's reputation."

"Of course, I would never. But you two should probably get inside soon, I heard the Headmaster talking to one of the guards about locking up the doors soon."

"Okay, thank you, Noah, goodnight" I grabbed Thomas' hand and led him back inside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------