Moonlight Encounters: The Dance

This chapter was suggested by Carixna - on FanFiction

-----------------------------------------------------

Thomas' POV

"My sweet Audrey Rose, would you like to join me for a moonlight walk along the promenade?" I held out my hand for her to take, and much to my surprise, she accepted. 

"Of course, Thomas, I need some time to not think of all these gruesome murders."

Audrey and I began our little walk, walking and talking about nothing in particular. I stopped suddenly in front of the main doors to the Grand Ballroom; which also where poor Miss Prescott lost her life. I tried not to think about that gruesome murder but wondered if there would be more, soon. 

"Audrey Rose Wadsworth, m'lady, would you care to join me for a dance?" I held out one of my hands, Waiting for her to take it, the few seconds it took her, felt like an eternity had passed. 

"It's passed a respectable time, Thomas, but then again, I can't pass up an opportunity to dance with the one and only Thomas James Dorin cel Rau Cresswell, my that is a handful to say!" 

She took hold of my hand as I guided her into the dimly lit ballroom and gestured to the string quartet to start playing.

"It seems like you were counting on me to say yes."

"A waltz alright with you m'lady?"

"More than alright, my love."

We waltzed around the room and every now and then we would make a flirtatious joke and laugh as if there was no one was around but the two of us.

Audrey's frilly heavy dress hit my leg as we spun around and around and kept hitting me in the leg.

"How can you dance in such frilly and heavy dresses, Audrey Rose?"

"A lot of practice, Thomas. Don't forget I'm also wearing a girdle, which makes things ten times more hard." I gulped. 

"I have so much respect for you, Audrey Rose, if there's anything you need, I will be your personal assistant, I don't want you collapsing from exhaustion."

"Well, there is one thing you could do for me, Thomas," she smiled evilly. 

"I'm almost afraid to ask, m'lady?" 

"Could you try on a girdle? Oh, and wear it for a day. No, only a few hours, I'm not that mean."

"Do they even make girdles for men?"

"No. I don't believe so. But, you could wear mine. That would be the closest our bodies have ever touched." She whispered the last part in my ear, which sent a chill up my spine. "Yet."