10|| Sounds 'bout boring

|| Three and Half Years Ago ||

"Brett, it's not funny!" I yelled at him struggling to stand on my brand new roller-shoes. I didn't even know how to go on them since I was used to the once with two lines and this were my first with only one. Brett was not making things easy neither.

That was my birthday party and my parents had invited everyone from our class. Even Jace and those awful boys that'd spread rumors about me in the beginning of the course, no matter how much I cried for them not to. My mother thought I was throwing a childish tantrum and treatened with calling off the whole party.

Except a sly smirk in the beginning, they hadn't made much to actually mess with me. I spend most of the time with Macy, Jade had been quite distant lately. I missed her but when I asked if there was something wrong she smiled and denied it, so I decided to give her some space if that was what she needed. Brett one the other hand was way too more attentive than I would want him to be.

Ever since that fight in the start of the course I been keeping my distance. The shatter he put in my heart with the way he react at the stupid rumor had been so painful I didn't ever want to go through that again. He was supposed to be my best friend. To have my back. Especially after how sweet the whole summer had been. So much I even had let my fantasies fly... And then when I was hurting he did quite the opposite. He turned his back, disappointed. So I wasn't that eager to let him back in like nothing'd happened. Worst, like he had the right to be mad at me. Maybe he'd 'forgiven' me, but I wasn't that sure I had him.

This only frustrated him further and lately he'd became sassy and snappy, usually mocking things of me in front of his new crew since he entered the soccer team. I couldn't point out if he was like this and joined the new group because of the change, or if it was the new group that was changing him. Either way, I didn't feel safe and loved anymore when I was with him. I felt constantly judged and on the focus for some new none-too-imaginative comment.

But just as with Jace, my parent had invited the whole class. Even worst, the Ryders where friends to them so Brett was like a VIP or something.

Parents had began to came and by now almost everyone had left, so Macy and I'd went to try my gift on the backyard. But she went to the toilet and that's when Brett came in. He had grab my hand and and run around the small garden pulling me behind. But he was too fast I didn't know yet how to stop on those things.

"Brett!" I cried out.

"Come on, Giggles. Didn't you wanna skate?"

"Not anymore! Please stop!"

He did and held my arms stopping me from bumping into him as the weels kept rolling. I clung on him as he so abruptally decided to halt, and met his eyes. Brett was annoyed and confused, and didn't even hide the betrayal in his gaze.